Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2007 3:50:40 AM EDT
Anyone have experience with this? Opinions?
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 4:05:16 AM EDT
[#1]
While the possibility exists that abit more information from the poster as to what "scout-scope" he is referring to might have a bearing on the answer here........, that said here's the answer; in kind.

YES

mike

eta -  naturally if the OP was really interested in fully exploring this subject he'd have posted this in the "Optics" forum instead of GD and might have actually given as noted above - more info......
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:18:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Sure, if you use your non-dominant hand and dominant eye. Fact of life is that a cross dominant shooter pretty much has to shoot long guns with their non-dominant hand. Or close their dominant eye, which is less than optimal.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:25:52 AM EDT
[#3]
And you CAN switch. I was 30 before I discovered the whole dominant eye thing. Some people put tape on their glasses and stupid shit like that. I just switched freaking hands. It took me about 50 shots to acclimate. Piece of cake. Only downside (if there is a downside) is that I'm too cheap to sell all my guns and buy lefty versions. None of the ones I have interfere, or have whacky cants, so there's no sense of urgency.

I still shoot my pistol right handed. Didn't see any sense or advantage in changing that.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:31:28 AM EDT
[#4]
both eyes open.

even with regular optics.

works for me.

clown
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top