Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2007 3:33:41 AM EDT
Saw this over at Drudge this morning.  Cell phone blocker divice for $55:

Cell phone blocker

Anybody tried this device?  If so, how did it work?  I'd like to get one for when I'me driving behind someone who's on the phone and not paying attention to their driving.

Comments?

Merlin
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 3:34:47 AM EDT
[#1]
The FCC frowns on people jamming cellphones.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 3:38:25 AM EDT
[#2]
That would be awesome if it was someone like a doctor on the phone about a patient and you went and blocked his call
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 3:39:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 3:49:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I've heard it sucks. The range of effect is very very short.

then get this one
dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.7059

- Covers a 30~40 meter diameter area
- Manufacturered by an ISO9001 certified factory
- Ideal for lecture halls, classrooms, meeting rooms, small gas stations, theatres, hospitals, privacy sensitive occassions, etc
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 3:52:42 AM EDT
[#5]
the FCC *really* doesn't like devices like that.....
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 3:59:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Yeah they don't.

Although it would be nice to have one for those moments where some retard is at the check out counter talking on the phone mindless to what's going on, you turn you're little jammer on for a few seconds, they loose connection. I don't care if he were on the phone with the freaking president. Shut up and pay for your damn coffee so I can pay for mine.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 4:08:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Can you see the concern on my face .
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 4:14:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I've heard it sucks. The range of effect is very very short.

I was fixing to put an APB out for you wave. After I saw the website it was on I figured you'd either already be here, or you would want to know.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 4:16:55 AM EDT
[#9]
I had one on my motorcycle.  Thought it would help with traffic concerns while riding.  You know, the cellphoneyackingtwatsandmorons at 6am and at 5pm during the commute.....  Actually made things worse.  

What's the first thing that you do when the signal gets cut off?  They look at the screen on the phone, try to redial, back to the ear.....all those important things that get in the way of piloting your land yacht in traffic.

Sold it to a friend who thought I wasn't using it right.  Doc says he has a good chance or walking again.....

Save your money, just shoot the offending fuckers people.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 4:19:04 AM EDT
[#10]
4.) Posting comments or links in support of illegal activities including, but not limited to, threats against the life of any living person, doing harm to a state or federal official, or advocating the overthrow of the government.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top