Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2007 10:41:04 PM EDT
My girlfriend enjoys shooting with me but isn't grasping which bullet goes in which gun.  She knows how to operate all the guns and knows what they are but can't recognize bullets when i show them to her.  A visual with text would be a real help.

I have looked at these over the years at different shops and stores but don't remember ever seeing one for sale.  I have looked locally and on the internet but still nothing.  Please help.

Thanks,

Grove
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 10:45:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Make your own shadow box.  

And finding a chart with ALL of them would be the size of a basketball court.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 10:57:02 PM EDT
[#2]
wikipedia has a pretty good list, with pictures of most of them.

rifle cartridges
handgun cartridges
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 11:03:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Make your own shadow box.  

And finding a chart with ALL of them would be the size of a basketball court.

How about most of the common ones then.  

Grove
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 11:05:02 PM EDT
[#4]
You know, you might hit up the ammunition companies.  They might send you one free or for a small fee.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 11:06:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe just show her that you find the caliber stamped on the head stamp of the cartridge and on the receiver/barrel of the rifle?

That's a lot safer than just knowing them by visual...especially for a newbie.

(for what it's worth I don't always check the head stamp.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top