Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2007 8:44:18 PM EDT
So I just finished watching Wolf Creek.  As a horror movie, it's very effective.  Like many horror movies, it reminds me to always be armed, and when in an isolated area to be heavily armed.

**  WOLF CREEK SPOILERS BELOW **
A pivotal plot point is the soon-to-be victims' car breaking down.  They obviously hadn't considered the possibility that their shitty little purchased-yesterday used car might have trouble.  They also weren't prepared to resist when the bad guy shows up, albeit since the movie was set in Australia their options were rather limited.  I could go on, but you know what I'm talking about - people who simply don't stop to think about what might happen.  But then I guess that's why they become the subjects of horror films.

What are some other based-on-real-life movies that feature egregious lack of preps?
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 8:46:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I watched that and when no one died in the FIRST HOUR of the fucking movie, I turned it off and never watched it again.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre, very loosely based on Ed Gein
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 8:57:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I watched that and when no one died in the FIRST HOUR of the fucking movie, I turned it off and never watched it again.

No, this isn't Saw III or any of the Halloween series, so if you were expecting an end-to-end gore-fest you were probably disappointed.  This movie takes the time to develop the characters and the situation.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 8:58:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, this isn't Saw III or any of the Halloween series, so if you were expecting an end-to-end gore-fest you were probably disappointed.  This movie takes the time to develop the characters and the situation.

I expect a horror movie to have at least someone die within an hour of watching.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:10:28 PM EDT
[#4]
sounds kinda like wrong turn.

no preps in the cars at all . totaly defenceless when they start getting attacked.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:13:21 PM EDT
[#5]
It was made in Australia, to "prove" that all gunowners are psychopaths.

I hated that movie, major suck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top