Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2001 10:46:35 PM EDT
Just curious if anyone was into wrestling in here, particularly the WWF...
I was a fan when I was little and for the past two years have picked it back up again, even though it has gotten boring lately..
Anyone wanna discuss this??
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 10:49:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Bring back th days of the Ultimate Warrior, The Hulkster and Andre.  The latest senario is McMahon v. McMahn v. McMahon, mostly dribble now.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 10:50:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I was a fan when I was little and for the past two years hae picked it back up again, even though it has gotten boring lately..
View Quote

It's every bit as exciting as you are...
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 10:50:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you suggesting a one-on-one Jello wrestling match??

If so..I'm in for $20

Sgtar15
[img]http://www.tartarus.net/images/dino/dragon.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 10:53:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I was a fan during the days of Hulk (not WCW Hollywood) Hogan, Iron Sheik, Nikolai Volkov, Randy Savage, etc. They were really fun to watch as it was just like comic book characters come to life. King Kong Bundy who always wanted a 5 count was da man.

Nowdays the characters are pretty much all the same. Just angry anti-establishment greedy bastards. Even the Undertaker is boring now.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 10:58:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I was a fan during the days of Hulk (not WCW Hollywood) Hogan, Iron Sheik, Nikolai Volkov, Randy Savage, etc. They were really fun to watch as it was just like comic book characters come to life. King Kong Bundy who always wanted a 5 count was da man.

Nowdays the characters are pretty much all the same. Just angry anti-establishment greedy bastards. Even the Undertaker is boring now.
View Quote

I was a fan during those days as well..(I actually enjoyed Jake the Snake too, before he lost his fame to drugs, he actually was an excellent performer..) I agree that Undertaker has lost the luster and appeal that he once had..(I long for the real "undertaker" days of old) However, my favorite right now is Triple H..I think he is the best in the business and without him right now, WWF isn't as awesome..(Also, I miss Shawn Micheals..he was the man!)
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 11:07:36 PM EDT
[#6]
By the way, my boyfriend a.k.a the "liquid snake" was the one who got me back into wrestling again.. He isn't as bored with it as I am right now...I have hated the invasion angle from the start..
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 12:18:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Ms. Hancock (Stacey Keibler) is very sexy![:P][:P][:P][:P]

Link Posted: 10/15/2001 4:45:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Stacie is hot but Torrie Wilson is hotter.  

WWF RULES
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 4:54:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Personally, I prefer more realistic television.  Like Coyote vs. the Road Runner.  I always know who's going to win.  Just like you guys.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 5:19:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Personally, I prefer a swift kick to the groin.  I hate wrestling.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 5:33:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Does anyone remember Lynn Rossi, Bearcat Brown, and the Spoilers??[:D]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 6:46:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 7:28:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 10:39:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Nope!
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 10:56:08 AM EDT
[#15]
last wrestling i saw was hulk hogan fighting undertaker way back when in that Wrestlemania

the new stuff now sucks

edited to fix spelling
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 10:59:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I was a fan when I was little and for the past two years have picked it back up again, even though it has gotten boring lately..
View Quote

Heh, I was a big mark for that stuff when I was a kid.  We were fortunate in Houston, because Mid-South wrestling got a lot of guys who went on to be stars in the 80's WWF.  Jake the Snake, Kamala, King Kong Bundy, Hacksaw Jim Dugan, and others.

I've started watching again back in 1996 when I noticed Hulk Hogan on WCW, and started watching regularly again.  I know it's fake, but sometimes it's damn fun to watch.  It reminds me of some of the best parts of my childhood.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 11:20:45 AM EDT
[#17]
I've tried to watch this stuff, given the hot near naked women, but unfortunately I was educated beyond the 4th grade.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 12:00:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Well sho'nuff !! me an da old lady sho duz like dat rastlin, I follers dem from place ta place in my ole pickup, just ta wach all dat real akshun. when weez not a'wachin rastlin, we sho duz like dat nascar to !!!
well, weez got ta get a'movin.....MA!!!! round up da chilluns itz time for ta go ta da rastlin show !!!
YEE-HAAAAAAAAAA
[BD] [B)] [:E]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 12:10:56 PM EDT
[#19]
I love to watch wrastleing sittin on the deck of my trailer sippin shine and picking possum gristle out betwen my two teeth.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 12:29:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I've tried to watch this stuff, given the hot near naked women, but unfortunately I was educated beyond the 4th grade.
View Quote

LOL!!  I do hate it, but I have a confession to make...hopefully there is a statute of limitations on this:
I did see Hulk Hogan and Junk Yard Dog tag team against Randy the Macho Man Savage (remember Elizabeth?) and someone I can't remember...maybe Rowdy Roddy Piper.  It was at least 16 years ago though.

I am ashamed.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 12:33:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 12:34:05 PM EDT
[#22]
If you really want to see how phoney it is, turn the sound off. It's obvious they are playing out a well planned script. Kinda like watching an old starsky and hutch episode without sound. The acting is pretty lame...:)

I figure the same people who are devoted wrestling fans are the same people that keep the democratic party alive.
They like a good fantasy.....

Rich
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 1:12:10 PM EDT
[#23]
It's only those that don't know it's fake that are the problem.  I know it's fake, and I still enjoy it.  Watch a Tables Ladders and Chairs match with the Hardy Boys, Edge & Christian, and The Dudley Boys.  It may be fake, but those guys take some serious bumps, and it's not something just anyone can do and still walk out of the arena.

Just ask Darren Drozdov, who was paralyzed from the neck down after a botched running powerbomb.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 1:21:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If you really want to see how phoney it is, turn the sound off. It's obvious they are playing out a well planned script.
Rich
View Quote

If you were intellegent, you would have picked up on this years ago...we wrestling fans have.
What don't you people understand about it being a MALE SOAP OPERA??  The fact that the acting (not the bumps and bruises, I know from experience) and the choreography are fake doesn't make it any more or any less entertaining.  What goes on in the ring is a great display of athleticism, originality, and the ability to constantly keep a scripted movement of techniques going, while simultaneously mixing it up every now and then to keep the fans on their toes.

If you are still using the argument of "wrestling is fake", you're wasting your time.  We all acknowledged this fact years ago, so you're waaaay behind us.  Get with the program people.

The Big Jewboski~
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 1:30:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I figure the same people who are devoted wrestling fans are the same people that keep the democratic party alive.
Rich
View Quote

I've been in the ring, and it's rough baby...real rough.  As stated, the planning and the character development is all just part of the show.  The bumps, contusions, and broken bones (although I've been lucky on that one) are all very much real.  Have you been in the ring?
Doesn't the Democratic Party consist of individuals who, albeit have never touched a gun in their life, feel they need to regulate a subject they have no experience in?
Hmmm...two sides of the same coin, I'd say.  If you have something productive to say - positively or negatively, i.e. "bad acting", or "terrible realism" etc, then please say it...wrestling has it's weak points at times.

But don't be a hypocrite.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 1:38:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Outsiders !
View Quote

Dude... the Outsiders f**king ruled!!! [beer]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 1:55:12 PM EDT
[#27]
I know wrestling is fake ok?? Its kinda like acting.. But like someone said before people really do get hurt, just read Mick Foley's books to find out just how injured(most of his ear was torn off, fun eh?? Was that fake?? LOL)
Now that that's out of the way, it is pretty idiotic to say only simple minded people watch wrestling because it IS an entertinment source.. Does that mean that watching TV altogether is bad?? I think not.. Its just how one likes to enjoy themselves..
Any other opinions please fire away...
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 2:28:23 PM EDT
[#28]
WEll, I liked the Rat Patrol and Paul Orindorff from the NWA (which became WCW), the Minnasota Wrecking Crew (Olie and Arn Anderson) and the Road Warriors. From the WWF I liked 'Superfly' Jimmy Snuka, Hulk, Andre (before he became a baddie), The Stiner Brothers (who are both HUGE now, thanks to 'roids), The British Bulldogs, Macho.And a whole lot more.

Blond, I agree that the 'Invasion' crap sucks. Kronik is back (finally) but Goldberg, Kevin Nash, and most of the good wrestlers are gone now.

[smoke]

By the way, the WWF is on tonight....

Wresteling has come a long way since I watched it as a kid
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 3:40:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I know wrestling is fake ok?? Its kinda like acting.. But like someone said before people really do get hurt, just read Mick Foley's books to find out just how injured(most of his ear was torn off, fun eh?? Was that fake?? LOL)
Now that that's out of the way, it is pretty idiotic to say only simple minded people watch wrestling because it IS an entertinment source.. Does that mean that watching TV altogether is bad?? I think not.. Its just how one likes to enjoy themselves..
Any other opinions please fire away...
View Quote

Couln't have said it better myself.  You can be my tag partner anytime [;)]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 9:35:28 PM EDT
[#30]
OK, anyone watch WWF tonight?? Thank you jewbroni for being my tag team partner...
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 9:38:16 PM EDT
[#31]
heres my babe                                 [img]http://www.absolutemodels.com/torriewilson/images/019.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 10/15/2001 9:39:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Thank you jewbroni for being my tag team partner...
View Quote

[size=6][:O][/size=6]

Link Posted: 10/15/2001 9:43:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

If you are still using the argument of "wrestling is fake", you're wasting your time.  We all acknowledged this fact years ago, so you're waaaay behind us.  Get with the program people.

The Big Jewboski~
View Quote

Argument #2. It is stupid.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 9:43:28 PM EDT
[#34]
It all seems so comic book now. I used to watch the Von Erics back in the late 70's and early 80's. The Dad and four sons all wrestlers. One died of injuries, two took their own life, one left and has long been out of the business. If any one remembers Gentleman Chris Adams from those days he was shot to death by his manager last week after a bout of drinking.

They all have their stories like most pro athletes. Roid's, pain pills, social and prescription drugs have all taken their toll.

All that being said it's still fun to watch though aint it.[:I]

sorry about the double tap.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 9:57:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Big Jewboski~
View Quote

Argument #2. It is stupid.
View Quote

Bad argument, next time be more constructive and back up your thesis with examples.  Standard MLA format, please [;)]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 11:38:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 11:41:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

So what do you brain surgeons watch on T.V.
View Quote

Why Playboy TV of course.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 2:45:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what do you brain surgeons watch on T.V.
View Quote

Why Playboy TV of course.
View Quote

I rest my case.  No more questions, Your Honor.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 2:53:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I rest my case.  No more questions, Your Honor.
View Quote

Yes hot naked women minus the retarded "....and were gonna shock the world!" content.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top