Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2007 3:57:52 AM EDT
From MSNBC.com this morning:

The 2004 battle of Fallujah — an unsuccessful military assault in which an estimated 27 U.S. Marines were killed, along with an unknown number of civilians — was retaliation for the killing, maiming and burning of four Blackwater guards in that city by a mob of insurgents.

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 4:07:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Hm.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 4:24:43 AM EDT
[#2]
ARE you shitting me?  That battle will go down as one of the greatest military achievements this century.

Fucking MSM pricks.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 4:28:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
ARE you shitting me?  That battle will go down as one of the greatest military achievements this century.

Fucking MSM pricks.
No shit long after everyone one this board is dead long after their children and their childrens children are dead, soldiers will still be studing that battle.

I was under the impression that the battle of Fallujah was the most successfull MOUT attack in the history of the world.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 4:30:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Depends on which battle they're talking about.

The April 2004, Operation Vigilant Resolve was unsuccessful. Not because we lost on the ground but because we allowed pressure for a non-military (US) solution to be forced on us. Growing out of this was the failed attempt at letting the ING to take control of the city while we forced to stay outside of the city limits. The ING and IP forces were recruited from the local tribes and were heavily infiltrated by insurgents.

Al-Shahwani's current strategy is also fraught with risk. He helped broker the truce that ended the April uprising in Fallujah by setting up the Fallujah Brigade, drawn from the insurgents themselves, to police the restive city. It has left the place a sanctuary for terrorists. Time Magazine

The November 2004 Operation Phantom Fury operation was very successful and ended with the liberation of the city, the only flaw of the operation was that a large portion of the insurgent’s leadership slipped away before the city was locked down.
I was there for Phantom Fury (I got there just after the April battle) and I was back in Fallujah in 2005-2006. The change in the city is amazing.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 10:37:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Further reading, I have found this about the Blackwater guys being mutilated and the battle:

Call me heartless, but I find very little sympathy for mercenaries, call them what you will. If you like war so much you go out of your way to put yourself in one, you deserve what you get. " Companies" like Blackwater are an example of just how fucked our national mentality is. Our country is not only the world's largest weapons producer, now we sanction and export murders, too. How can the U.S. claim ANY moral leadership in the world when we have these two smears in our underwear. Hessions in our own revolutionary war were treated and vilified exactly the same way as these paladin wannabes. Fuckin' testosterone soaked, macho shit-head trailer trash losers. Cap everyone of 'em, and their brainless, soulless incorporated management and the world would be a better, a much better, place.

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 11:10:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, my opinion becomes less and less of the average American everyday.

That doesnt surprise me anymore Ziti.  I bet not even .0005% of the population has the smallest grasp of what Blackwater and other security companies do in Iraq.  Unfortunately, most of them do think like that.  They just see BW as this company in Iraq making a bunch of money and then they hear the reports of a PSD convoy killing 2 civilians who got too close to their convoy.  They dont understand the power and blast radius of a VBIED and the need for the 100m bubble.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 11:13:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Disgraceful.

This is why when I read anything from the MSM I take it with a grain of salt.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 11:42:00 PM EDT
[#8]
The sheep eat that shit up with a spoon.

Colonel Hurtz
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top