Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2007 9:36:42 PM EDT
And all I found were fishing lures, lots of lead sinkers, and tons of tangled up fishing line.

This is a local reservoir that was recently drained because it needed some work done to the dam.

Here is the road across the dam that leads to the campground.

Here is where the lake used to be.

I suspect that this is where they drained the dam out from.

If you look closely, you can see several bush branches sticking out of the ground.  These each had big handfuls of fishing equipment stuck to them.

I thought it was pretty cool, it's not very often one gets to wander around on the bottom of a lake without scuba gear.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 9:47:17 PM EDT
[#1]
That is freaking awesome, wish there were those around me.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 9:48:03 PM EDT
[#2]
You need to get a metal detector in there.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 9:50:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Good pics, interesting to see a drained lake. That's some fine looking country too.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 9:52:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I'm sure that somebody with more patience than me could have a very fun and busy day digging around there with a metal detector and a shovel.  

I was actually a bit surprised at how much trash there WASN'T in the lake bed.  There was the occasional empty glass jar of salmon eggs a few beer cans, and a few odds and ends here and there, but there wasn't as much garbage as I would have expected.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 9:52:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yup. Anything heavy would be covered with silt. If you find a PVC tube filled with guns. IM me for the mailing address to return them.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 9:53:30 PM EDT
[#6]
The lake around here dried up last summer, I got to walk around it. Very surreal experience. I know exactly what your talking about when you found a ton of fishing equipment. I was constantly getting tangled up in lines and makeshift anchors when I wasn't paying attention.

Link Posted: 8/11/2007 9:54:04 PM EDT
[#7]
That's freakin' awesome.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 9:55:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow those pics
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 9:58:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The lake around here dried up last summer, I got to walk around it. Very surreal experience. I know exactly what your talking about when you found a ton of fishing equipment. I was constantly getting tangled up in lines and makeshift anchors when I wasn't paying attention.

www.w00th4x0r.com/photos/lake_lavon_2/dead_boat.jpg

www.w00th4x0r.com/photos/lake_lavon_2/desolate.jpg

www.w00th4x0r.com/photos/lake_lavon_2/tangled_mess.jpg

www.w00th4x0r.com/photos/bridge/free_ride.jpg

Those pics look like something from a post-apocalyptic movie.  Very cool!
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 10:01:38 PM EDT
[#10]
That ain't a lake, That's a pond.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 10:03:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I took a few friends there with me one time to take pictures as well.

I found parts of a dead cow skeleton out in the middle and told them to come take a look. My one friend insisted it was human. We argued a bit and discussed the matter, but I coudln't convince him otherwise.

He ends up calling the police to report a body at the bottom of the lake. Of course this was big news to the local authorities so about 6 squad cars show up.

Keep in mind the lake is pure mud about a foot or more deep, very easy to get stuck in there.

My friend decides to to be the alpha male of the situation and lead the police out there. Meanwhile my other friend and myself are sitting on my car on the side of the road next to 6 squad cars. It wasn't exactly fun when someone would drive by at 5mph to see wth was going on.

We looked on as they all started to march out into the middle and get stuck in the mud.

Turns out I was right and it was a cow skeleton, but for some reason the sheriff gave me all the shit about it. "Never seen a dead cow before huh? Did they have cows where you grew up?"

I still give my friend a hard time about it
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 10:06:58 PM EDT
[#12]
no duffle bags full of "something" with cinderblocks tied to it?
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 10:09:25 PM EDT
[#13]
That was Mill Creek Res. right? My mom was telling me about it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 10:11:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Mill Hollow.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 10:27:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I wasn't in Utah when I lost them.  

Cool pictures.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 10:57:08 PM EDT
[#16]
For it to be considered a lake, doesn't it have to be deeper then your head when you stand in the deepest part.
    That looks more like a pond.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 10:59:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
For it to be considered a lake, doesn't it have to be deeper then your head when you stand in the deepest part.
    That looks more like a pond.

We estimated that it was about 30' deep.  You must be very tall.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 11:04:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

www.w00th4x0r.com/photos/lake_lavon_2/dead_boat.jpg

www.w00th4x0r.com/photos/lake_lavon_2/desolate.jpg

www.w00th4x0r.com/photos/lake_lavon_2/tangled_mess.jpg

www.w00th4x0r.com/photos/bridge/free_ride.jpg

Wow did you seek on the I AM LEGEND movie set???

Those pics are awesome, ya got any more???
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 11:49:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mill Hollow.

Knew it was Mill-somethin'...do I still gets a cookie?
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 5:46:04 AM EDT
[#20]
That last pic of the rusty seat looks like it came out of a Zombie movie...
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 6:35:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Looks like a warzone!
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 6:37:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Looks like Whitney Res.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 6:40:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Where are all the fish?
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 6:50:12 AM EDT
[#24]
That's a called a pond around here.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:52:47 AM EDT
[#25]
No guns found from "boat accident" with ARFCOM members = wrong pond
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:55:52 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm sure I dropped em off the left side of the boat.  Did ya look carefully
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:58:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Look what I found in one:

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 2:32:53 PM EDT
[#28]
wrong lake
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 2:34:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Look what I found in one:

Well there's your problem there is a man size hole in the side.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 11:59:40 PM EDT
[#30]
I love the campground that is next to this lake, but let me tell you a little story about it.

Several years ago, I went camping with my son (who was probably 4) My brother and his wife, and their 2 y.o. daughter.

In the campsite next to us, was a very large group of people that we thought nothing of until nightfall.

When the sun was no longer gracing us with it's presence, the Euro-disco music began to invade.

At approx. 11 p.m., my brother and I went over and told them that our families were trying to sleep, and that their damn outdoor disco music was prohibiting that.

They were all drunk, and I was surprised that we didn't have to draw down on them.  One of them made references to using his flashlight to fight with us.  (He would have lost that fight)

We complained to the campground hosts who asked them nicely, twice, to turn their damn music off, which they did, and then turned it up even louder.

When the local Sheriff finally showed up hours later, they had moved their party down the hillside (and started a campfire in a no-campfire zone).  They left their minor children alone with no supervision in the campsite tents, crying for their parents the whole time, the Sheriff didn't seem to give a shit.

If I had the situation to be done over again, I would have blown out the speakers on their fucking stereo with my AR.  Problem solved.

Foreigners (These in particular, anyways)   have no respect for common courtesy or respecting the rights of others.  That was my experience anyways.

Next time, I'm not going to risk the safety of my family, I'm going to shoot out the speakers of their fucking stereo (assuming no civilians are in harm's way), and if they don't like that, they can go the fuck back to Russia.
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 12:03:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Euro techno is bomb, I love that rotterdam terror corps shit.......I need to go back to the dam
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 4:35:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Lake Lavon looked like that pretty much before it filled up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top