User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2001 11:23:09 AM EDT
The Associated Press and The Jerusalem Post
October, 14 2001

Mastermind of disco suicide bombing shot dead
By Arieh O'Sullivan

http://www.jpost.com/Editions/2001/10/14/News/News.36174.html

An elite IDF sniper unit this morning shot dead Abdel Rahman Hamad, 33, a senior Hamas leader in the Kalkilya area.

Hamad was on the roof of his house when he was struck by two bullets in the chest, the governor of Kalkilya, Mustafa Malki said.

Prime Minister Ariel Sharon confirmed this evening that Israel was responsible for the shooting of Hamad, adding that Israel will continue with its policy of targeted killings.

"This is not the first and not the last," Sharon said.

Military sources said Hamad had been responsible for dispatching the suicide bomber who blew himself up at Tel Aviv's Dolphinarium in June 1 killing 23 young Israelis and a suicide bombing at the Neveh Yamin gas station which killed two Israeli children.

The sources said that Hamad had been planning more bombings and his name was on a list of terror masterminds that was given to the Palestinians with demands he be arrested.

The PA had detained Hamad after the Dolphinarium bombing but released him on August 5 after which he immediately organized a number of suicide bombings that were to have take place in coming days, military sources said.

"The assassination today is a clear indicator that all the Israeli claims that they want to achieve peace and uphold the cease-fire are just lies," said Palestinian Information Minister Yasser Abed Rabbo.

Hamas, meanwhile, said it would strike against Israel for the shooting of Hamad.

"Resistance against this ugly aggression is the only language which can be used and there is no doubt that Hamas will react to this ugly assassination crime in good time," said Abdel Aziz Rantisi, a senior Hamas leader.

Several thousand Palestinians attended Hamad's funeral this afternoon.

Gunmen fired into the air and some mourners carried leaflets that read, "Revenge, revenge," and "No to the cease-fire."

Hamad was considered a senior member of the Hamas military wing Izzadin Kassam in the Kalkilya area and was one of the hundreds of Hamas activists who was deported by then Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin to Lebanon for his involvement in the 1994 suicide bombing on the No. 5 bus in Tel Aviv.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 11:31:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

October, 14 2001

Mastermind of disco suicide bombing shot dead

An elite IDF sniper unit this morning shot dead Abdel Rahman Hamad,  

"This is not the first and not the last," Sharon said.
View Quote

Excellent! What's not to like about these guys!  

Link Posted: 10/14/2001 11:34:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I think it's good that they protect themselves-
But I wish they wouldn't do it with US taxpayers dollars. For a people so inherently smart, you would think they would be able to make it on their own...

Oy!
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 11:40:07 AM EDT
[#3]
sarcasm mode on.

Sounds like a win-win to me! sarcasm mode off

I hate disco...
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 11:44:41 AM EDT
[#4]
i don't mind seeing U.S. tax dollars used to help kill arabs.  

there are much worse ways to spend money.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 12:36:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 12:39:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Doubletap to the chest!
I like that![:D]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 12:40:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 12:42:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Really, what a waste of my money, two bullets, when only one would have done![sniper]
View Quote

Because after all. That's all we give them. [rolleyes][puke]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 12:49:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I hate disco...
View Quote

'Cause you can't dance. [:D]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 1:04:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hate disco...
View Quote

View Quote

I can't dance [:(]

[size=4]BUT I LOVE DISCO![/size=4]

[@:D][:D][@:D][:D][@:D][:D][@:D]

If there has ever been a more groovin song than
"Don't Leave Me this Way" by Thelma Houston, I don't know what it is...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Bayyyby! [@:D]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 4:14:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hate disco...
View Quote

View Quote

That's true. Intense "headbanging" obviates the need for dancing though, hehe.

McUzi grooving to disco? Oh krikey, I don't know if that's comedy gold or a nightmare. [:D]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 4:25:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Now all the Isrealis need to do is wrap that guys body in bloody pig skin and stuff some ground pork sausage in his mouth. Them cremate on high for 45 minutes.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 4:26:36 PM EDT
[#13]
[size=2]... Well, if "they" insist on a Jihad, I see these types of tactics becoming more popular.

... I kind of like the idea.

... Remember that we need to reinforce the notion that attacking innocent, civilized citizens of the world is something not worth hiding the rest of their short lives over for fear of the bullet they never heard.

... The Israelis have mastered this philosophy.[/size=2]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 5:39:10 PM EDT
[#14]
We will in time react to terrorists like the Israeli's have been doing for 50 years.  

The Israeli's have no place to go. As it has become abundantly clear to anyone with half a brain Americans don't either.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 6:07:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Guys I think it is open season on Terrorists around the world. Hell you can do whatever you want to them.  Hell they even have bounties. Nab your Terrorist and Collect at least $5 million dollars.  I can see vacations built around it.  CRUISE/ASSASINATION.  GROUP RATES AVAILABLE. CALL TODAY.

Ben
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 6:38:07 PM EDT
[#16]
You surely have to hand it to the Jews - from going meekly into cattle cars in the 40s to kicking ass in the 50-60-70-80-90-00s!!!!

I suppose when they say 'never again' they pretty much mean [b]NEVER AGAIN!!![/b]

Eric The(Go,Israel,Go!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 6:46:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You surely have to hand it to the Jews - from going meekly into cattle cars in the 40s to kicking ass in the 50-60-70-80-90-00s!!!!

I suppose when they say 'never again' they pretty much mean [b]NEVER AGAIN!!![/b]

Eric The(Go,Israel,Go!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Damn right Hun... That piece of shit terrorist wasn't worth the lead that killed him.  Maybe we can lobby that bunch of liberals... what do they call them... oh yeah, Congress, to let us have year round terrorist season... no need to wait until it's Bambi's few months... Nice shootin' I say.  Fuck the cowards.

[50]

ARnSC out    
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 9:55:40 PM EDT
[#18]
-sob-  

IDF snipers: cleaning up the planet, one shot at a time
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 12:27:01 AM EDT
[#19]
I just want to know what rifle they used.

.50BMG, .308?

Barrett?

Springfield?

Galil sniper?

AWC?

Link Posted: 10/15/2001 12:12:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Here in Richmond VA Times-Dispatch the Associated Press story said it was a 300 yard shot with 2 rounds to the back. Nice Shot and I'd say well deserved, especially if it was in the back.

[X]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 1:01:14 PM EDT
[#21]
More like 2 snipers, one shot each. I doubt one sniper could put 2 50 cal shots in his chest UNLESS he shot him a second time after he fell.

I remember a Time mag article Jan 15 about these "targeted killings".  The article showed a Barrett but I'm sure they must use other rifles & calibers. Also went into the shooting of Abu Sway a top Islamic Jihad activist who the Isreali's shot in the head from 1/4 mile away as he was sneaking to parents house for dinner.

Link Posted: 10/15/2001 1:13:48 PM EDT
[#22]
I would think .308 was used.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 2:57:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I would think .308 was used.
View Quote

I sure hope so.  There won't be much left for a second shot with a .50 BMG.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top