Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/12/2001 5:03:41 PM EDT
Just a little reminder that we all contribute to the great diverse land.

[b]Historians:[/b]
[list][*]Fredrick Douglas--Historian and philosopher in the 19th Century[/*]
[*]Matthew Alexander Henson--A main man in the success of the discovery of the North pole[/*]
[*]Dr. Carter G. Woodson--Doctor and promoter of race being a  negligable factor for the black man[/*]
[*]Martin Luther King--Modern Day promoter of civil rights, believer that race and color does not make a man[/*][/list]

[b]Entertainers:[/b]
[list][*]Bob Marley--Great Reggee Singer/Songwriter[/*]
[*]Sammy Davis Jr.--Actor/Singer[/*]
[*]Jimmy Hendricks--Singer/Songwriter[/*]
[*]Nate King Cole--Singer/songwriter[/*]
[*]Flip Wilson--Actor/Comedian[/*]
[*]Bill Cosby--Actor/Comedian[/*][/list]

[b]Sports:[/b]
[list][*]Sachel Page--argueably the greatest Baseball player of all time.[/*]
[*]Michael Jordan--argueably the greatest Basketball player of all time[/*]
[*]Tiger Woods--potentially the greatest Golfer of all time[/*]
[*]Barry Bonds--Home run leader and future Hall of Famer[/*][/list]

[b]Inventors[/b]
[list][*]Eli Whitney--Inventor of the Cotton Gin and many other things[/*]
[*]Garret Morgan--Genuis in the field of safety and life saving equipement[/*]
[*]Elijah McCoy--Inventor of improved steam engine cylinders and other items[/*][/list]

Also remember all the black American citizen's who have faught in many of America's wars, often in seperate units, from the Civil War to today's current military action.  They faught for the same freedoms we all believe in...Freedom of press/expression, Right to Keep and Bear Arms, Right to a Fair Trail and all the others.

Of course there are many other great black men thru out America's history who have served the USA well,  I just wanted to point out a few.  I just wanted to show how much [i]ALL AMERICANS[/i] ,[b][white]white[/white], black, [yellow]yellow[/yellow], and [red]red[/red][/b] have contributed to this great nation the we proudly call The USA
[usa]
Randall Flag, Proud Poster on AR15.COM..[i]Home of the [b]black[/b] rifle!![/i]
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 5:09:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey! Dude! Eli Whitney was not black! He graduated from Yale College in 1792! He was from Massachusetts and moved to the South - how many black folks did that in those days?

Eric The(DamnIfI'dKnownAllThisI'dHavePickedMyOwnDamnCotton!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/13/2001 11:55:45 PM EDT
[#2]
[size=4]R_O_T_F_L_M_A_O!!![/size=4]

GOD I love those lists [:D][:D]
I would write a "Great White Men In History" thread, but there isn't enough bandwidth since, well... You know.

Anywhoo,

I expect a moderator to not only lock this, but ban RandallFlag's account- becasue if I posted a "Greatest White Men In History", I would surely be chastized (not to mention be reminded of all those 17 great black men on Randall's list)
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 12:05:35 AM EDT
[#3]
You left out [b]Jesse Jackson[/b]!  [}:D]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 12:08:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Ummm, Eli Whitney wasn't very black:
[img]http://www.eliwhitney.org/img_ew/whitney.gif[/img] [img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid27/p6fef4c9b2b3e20dcb05dc9c1aa373155/fe309355.gif.orig.gif[/img]

Seen here on the right, the very rare portrait of Mr. Whitney during his short-lived "Big Pimpin'" days.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 12:14:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Hmmm....if entertainers and sports figures were left out that list would be greatly shortend. Now before the flames start (I can take it) ask yourself how great of an impact those fields will have on world history in the next 100 years or so, the most likely outcome is they won't.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 12:17:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Is it black history month or something?
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 12:23:00 AM EDT
[#7]
HEY, missed OJ Simpson. Greatest escape artist of american history!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 12:28:39 AM EDT
[#8]
What the hell

Historians:
[list][*]Fredrick Douglas--[/*][/list]

[b]Smartest Black man ever to live.[/b]

[list][*]Matthew Alexander Henson--A main man in the discovery of the North pole[/*][/list]

[b]He was along for the ride, like all the others. Only difference was he was black, so he gets a TBS made-4-tv-movie made on his behalf.[/b]

[list][*]Dr. Carter G. Woodson--Doctor and promoter of race being a  negligable factor for the black man[/*][/list]

[b]If he is considered a "historian" for that, then I suppose David Duke is as well.[/b]

[list][*]Martin Luther King--Modern Day promoter of civil rights, [/*][/list]

[b]Very important man to some people[/b]

Entertainers:
[list][*]Bob Marley-[/*][/list]

[b]Master P[/b]

[list][*]Sammy Davis Jr.--Actor/Singer[/*][/list]

[b]2 Live Crew[/b]

[list][*]Jimmy Hendricks--Singer/Songwriter[/*][/list]

[b]Brutha Lynch Hung[/b]

[list][*]Nate King Cole--Singer/songwriter[/*][/list]

[b]That's "Nat", and I raise you 1 "Easy-E"[/b]

[list][*]Flip Wilson--Actor/Comedian[/*][/list]

[b]Lil-Bow-Wow[/b]

[*]Bill Cosby--Actor/Comedian[/*][/list]

[b]Snoop-Doggy-Dog[/b]

[b]Sports:[/b]
[list][*]Sachel Page--argueably the greatest Baseball player of all time.[/*][/list]

[b]Yeah- I'd argue that to my dying breath.[/b]

[list][*]Michael Jordan--argueably the greatest Basketball player of all time[/*][/list]

[b]No one ever said your people couldn't jump.[/b]

[list][*]Tiger Woods--potentially the greatest Golfer of all time[/*][/list]

[b]Well, he is just as black as he is Asian as he is White as he is Indian as he is whatever- So, he's sorta neutral on this whole debate.[/b]

[list][*]Barry Bonds--Home run leader and future Hall of Famer[/*][/list][/list]

[b]Aaron is the home run leader. Bonds holds the single season record. Still though. Both black.[/b]

[b]Inventors[/b]
[list][*]Eli Whitney--Inventor of the Cotton Gin and many other things[/*]
[*]Garret Morgan--Safety and life saving equipement[/*]
[*]Elijah McCoy--Inventor of improved steam engine cylinders and other items[/*][/list]

[b]I'll leave Eli Whitney to the others to get you on. Really, so much as i've seen, Elijah McCoy is all you got. An insignificent invention is y'alls claim to fame. The only thing you can cite. If it weren't for his grand Steam coupling, you would be totally devoid of anything to point to that didn't involve running or jumping.[/b]

[i]Also remember all the black American citizen's who have faught in many of America's wars, often in seperate units, from the Civil War to today's current military action.  They faught for the same freedoms we all believe in...Freedom of press/expression,[/i]

[b]Many indeed have.[/b]

[i]Right to Keep and Bear Arms,[/i]

[b]BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
Yeah.
Ok.
The right to keep and bear Lorcins maybe.[/b]

[i]Right to a Fair Trail and all the others.[/i]

[b]Gee. Wonder why black Americans are so interested in Trails??[/b]

[blue]Note To Moderators- I didn't say anything wrong, or untrue. I simply pointed out facts. It's sad that I even have to type this disclaimer, but I realize how "conditioned" some people are to jump up and defend negro's.
And to Goatboy, I'm sorry I broke my promise to stay off any racial topics, but [b]C'MON![/b]
"Greatest Black Men?!?!" I wouldn't be allowed to post "Greatest White Men" without a little padlock appearing within 2 seconds!![/blue]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 12:31:38 AM EDT
[#9]
So many african americans are very racist and dont even know it!.... imagin a naawp?? nope you would go to jail... or how about the police orginization called the white knights??? or maybe in congress something called the white caucus???? cant happen in this country, but substitute black were it was listed above as white and you will find nationaly recognised orginisations!
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 12:47:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Don't forget Buckwheat !
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 12:51:37 AM EDT
[#11]
I should bite my tongue but I won't!

This is a topic which REALLy shouldn't have been started to begin with and no matter what, there will always be detractors EITHER WAY!

So whats the point, really!

The only thing which we all should look at was the last part of his post:

"ALL AMERICANS ,white, black, yellow, and red have contributed to this great nation the we proudly call The USA"

Thats [B]all[/B], plain and simple.

(Not to mention he may not have picked the best examples, too)
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 1:18:26 AM EDT
[#12]
I_Luv_Carrots, you are right on the money with your posts. You're killing me. Let us not forget Al Sharpton. I know you New Yorkers are proud of him. Hehehehe.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 1:29:48 AM EDT
[#13]
GREAT WHITE MEN IN HISTORY

1.HATEBREED-Posting this response

2.Those cops who whomped Rodney King-- for proving you can't escape a beating just cuz the NAACP and the Southern Poverty Law Center say you can.
"take drugs, speed, resist arrest, get a whoopin!"

3.Those cops who framed OJ-----Yeah right!!

Sorry goatboy, just trying to stay in spirit with the greatest black men thread.

MY Disclaimer:
This post is intended as a humorous joke. People who find this offensive may need to drink a fotey and lighten up a little. I am not a slave owner nor have I ever said anything defamatory to an African American. (By the way, are you African or American? Please choose now.) I do not wear a pointy shaped sheet on my head nor do I dwell in a mobile home. My name is not bubba, nor am I married to my own cousin. Also we ask you to keep in mind how NOT RACIST you are next time you say "rag head" or "lets turn the middle east into a glass parking lot" This message brought to you by the NAAAPC (National Association for Animosity Against the Politically Correct)
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 3:17:58 AM EDT
[#14]
don't forget rodney king

[:)]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 3:41:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 3:52:05 AM EDT
[#16]
[@:D][@:D][@:D][@:D][@:D][@:D][@:D][@:D][@:D]

No body said anything about the Black Panthers![;D]

"I'ma gon'a get me ah shotgun anda kill all da whities I sees"
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 5:20:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Crispus Attux - killed at the Boston Massacre
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 5:29:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Leave us not forget the first black President Bill Clinton (Where's da fat white chicks?)...
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 5:32:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Uncle Ben makes very good rice.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 5:44:57 AM EDT
[#20]
And the point of the original post is ..........????????
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 7:44:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Jesse Owens, in my opinion, is one of the greatest role models any black person could have.  He told things how they were, and still are.  I will try and find the exact quote, but I will quote from memory as close as I can

"If a black person today (circa late 1960's, when JO was an Olympic offical) does not make it in life, it is because they chose not to.  They have no one to blame for their situation other than themself.  They have all the tools needed to suceed".  

I wonder why we the public hardly ever hear of his statements and opinions?  Too politically incorrect?

JRB  

Link Posted: 10/14/2001 7:56:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
And the point of the original post is ..........????????
View Quote

I agree, what was the point.  To educate the Neanderthal racists of the group?  To engage in race baiting?  Besides, quoting Andy Sipowicz, "what about the guy who invented the peanut?"
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 7:59:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
[i]Right to Keep and Bear Arms,[/i]

[b]BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
Yeah.
Ok.
The right to keep and bear Lorcins maybe.[/b]

View Quote

Jeez, dude...

Your animus and loathing towards black people is amazing.  Come to think of it, is there any group that is different from your own that you do not loathe?

And before you start weeping about censorship, remember, free speech is for everyone, not just you.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 7:59:51 AM EDT
[#24]
[b]Nat[/b] King Cole doesn't have an "e" in his first name, [b]Satchel[/b] Page had a "t" in his first name, and Jimmy [b]Hendrix[/b] spelled his last name with an "x."

Why doesn't your list have George Washington Carver, Bill Pickett, Henry O. Flipper, Jesse L. Brown, or Langston Hughes among others?
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 8:01:15 AM EDT
[#25]
And [b]Frederick Douglass[/b] spelled his first name with two "e"s and last name with two "s"es.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 8:02:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Bob Marley was not an American. He was a native of Jamaica and never got American citizenship.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 8:07:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Crispus Attux - killed at the Boston Massacre
View Quote

One small problem: there is no direct evidence that Crispus Attucks, who died in the so-called "Boston Massacre", was black...just an inference from a list of escaped servants in Boston, ca. 1768, one of whom on it was named "Crispus", no last name or description listed.

There were many greater, more deserving heroes in the American Revolution, both black and white, than a bunch of street brawlers in Boston in 1770.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 8:09:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Aunt Jemima.....food maker

Leroy Washington......maker of ripple and mad dog 20/20

Rufus jones......he was the real Col. Sanders

Long Dong Silver......film maker

Calypso Louis Farakhan......spiritual leader

etc...etc...
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 8:18:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Aunt Jemima.....food maker

Leroy Washington......maker of ripple and mad dog 20/20

Rufus jones......he was the real Col. Sanders

Long Dong Silver......film maker

Calypso Louis Farakhan......spiritual leader

etc...etc...
View Quote

"OK, boys, Ku Klux Klan meeting is over. Now you got your sheets off, you can take your pointy-headed hats off now, too."

"They're already off." [insert eye-rolling icon here....]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 8:30:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Inventors

Eli Whitney--Inventor of the Cotton Gin and many other things
View Quote

Neccessity be tha' mofo' of invenshun.

Sorry. couldn't help it. LOL

Link Posted: 10/14/2001 8:47:28 AM EDT
[#31]

Uncle Jemima:
Of Uncle Jemima's corn liquor fame.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 9:07:19 AM EDT
[#32]
My favorite black American has gotta be:

Collen Powel

nuff said
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 9:13:35 AM EDT
[#33]
My two "great black Americans"
Thomas Sowell
Condaleeza Rice
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 9:22:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
My favorite black American has gotta be:

Collen Powel

nuff said
View Quote

retrodog, that's "Colin" Powel! Do you know his position on gun control?

DaMan
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 9:37:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Thomas Sowell
Condaleeza Rice
View Quote

When did Condi Rice get a sex change? I thought the topic was [b]Great Black men in American history.[/b]

BTW, Colin [b]Powell[/b] uses two "l"s to spell his last name.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 10:23:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Jim_Dandy, "Colin Powell" is the correct spelling!

I call him "Colon Bowel" because of his stance on gun control!

He's a gun control fanatic!

DaMan
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 10:25:23 AM EDT
[#37]
retrodog, that's "Colin" Powel! Do you know his position on gun control?
View Quote

It appears that you missed an "l" the first time around.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 11:45:08 AM EDT
[#38]
[b]WARREN SAPP.[/b]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 11:59:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Ok now,Sapp do be da man sometimes.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 3:19:15 PM EDT
[#40]
You folks forgot George Washington Carver.  I gained a great deal of respect for him after reading his autobiography, published by the John Birch Society.  Went from ignorant, dirt-poor slave to the head of a college, through Hard Work and Virtue.

Don't forget Malcolm X, by any means necessary.

Who's that Oklahoma congressman, Mr. J.C. Watts?

Sojurner Truth was a good woman.  Black Civil War vets count as great men (to me).

There ARE some genuinly great black men.

--------
got hindsight?
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 3:23:53 PM EDT
[#41]
kunta kintay
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 4:46:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Who's that Oklahoma congressman, Mr. J.C. Watts?
View Quote

As Corporation Commissioner, he was the first official in state history to have his paycheck garnisheed. He has several out-of-wedlock children for whom he has never paid any child support, yet he criticized Clinton for bad morals. He votes to deregulate HAZMAT labeling for truckers, yet he becomes angry when OKC firefighters ask him about this when he speaks to them asking for their votes. He signs the "contract for America" in which he agrees to limit his terms in congress. He reneges. I wouldn't call him "great" by anyone's stretch of the imagination. You like him? Oklahoma will gladly send him your way.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 6:24:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Thomas Sowell
Condaleeza Rice
View Quote

When did Condi Rice get a sex change? I thought the topic was [b]Great Black men in American history.[/b]
View Quote

You should pay attention to what people are writing, instead of what you think they should be writing.

If you are interested in sex changes, I hear that you can buy videos of that kind of stuff on the Internet [;D]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 6:51:28 PM EDT
[#44]
You should pay attention to what people are writing, instead of what you think they should be writing.
View Quote

As should you. The topic is Great Black men in American history, not Great Black Americans. Please get yourself an alphabet, a dictionary, and a thesaurus. Assuming you can read, please look up the word definitions used here and apply them correctly. Most first and second graders should be able to help you.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 8:02:11 PM EDT
[#45]
[b]Alan Keyes[/b]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 9:53:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Koffi Anan!
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 10:25:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Hi, JD.  Sorry to hear that about J.C. Watts.  I guess I'll take him off my list of "good guys."

You don't want him? I'll trade you Feinstein for him[xx(]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 11:08:14 AM EDT
[#48]
No deposit, no return on Julius Caesar Watts, jr.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 11:25:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Indeed, there were many very great black men throughout history. More than we can discuss here. As far as great white men are concerned, there is no need to start a topic on them. Just go to any encyclopedia, open to any page and you will probably find one.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 11:45:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Chef Tony Roma
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top