Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2001 4:09:09 PM EDT
A long haired, long bearded freak complete with robe, staff, & an armload of scrolls showed up in Tama, IA last night.
Sheriff took him about 30 miles away, but that sheriff brought him back.
Hes not done anything wrong, just seems a BIT odd, standing on various corners waving his staff at passers by ALL DAY.
I grew up in Kali, where this would not be that strange, but this is central Iowa ! He's the real talk of the town.
Maybe tomorrow I'll get a pic.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 4:18:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like the beginning of the first Rambo Movie
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 4:24:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Obviously, he thought he was in the Bible Belt.

What's wrong with long hair, a beard, a staff, and some scrolls?

Hell, he just might be Isaiah! Might need to pay him a listen!

Eric The(OldTestamentSortaGuy)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 4:28:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Sounds like the beginning of the first Rambo Movie
View Quote

So true.

Art Galt: "The man said clean him up(whack!), clean him up(kick)."

Link Posted: 10/12/2001 4:42:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe, just maybe...the whole Afghan thing is the end of the world coming...and maybe, just maybe that guy is Jesus Christ coming back....
after all, religious leaders keep saying that Jesus is coming back, but if anyone says he's him he's branded a nut. And on the topic of religion, how come if "Fred" says god (lower case intentional) is talking to him...we lock him up... but if "Fred" has a $50 million dollar transmitter and said "send me your money and god talks to me" no one says boo??

Religion is kept between "Fiction" and "Mythology" for a reason I guess.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top