Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2001 4:03:14 PM EDT
I have removed the muzzle brake off my Knights Stoner SR15 M4.

It was a permanently attached fake bird cage brake.

It was pressed in and had to be heated to be removed. Does anyone make a NON-threaded true brake for this model(has to fit an M4 barrel)?

I have seen a NEW Stoner SR15 M4 at a local dealer and it had a REAL brake on it.

Does anyone know what they did?

Upon removal of my pressed on brake I noticed that the brake slides onto the tip of the barrel which is long enough(the tip of the barrel)to cover the slots of the brake.
Meaning if I cut the barrel one half(1/2) of an inch and re-install/press the factory brake back on, the slots would now be fully functional.

My gunsmith suggested I have half in. cut off the barrel and reinstall by pressing it back on. this way, it would be fully functional as a brake, yet legal by being 16 in. and permanently attached.

your imputs please...

thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 4:08:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 4:34:32 PM EDT
[#2]
it's fairly simple...
a Stoner SR15 M4 has a pressed on brake that resembles a "bird cage" AR15 flash hider.

i thought it was a fake brake, until i had it pulled off, then realizing that the barrel goes up the length of the brake making it look fake(meaning the slots don't go through, being there's a barrel under the slots).

now, I saw a new SR15 Stoner M4 and they suddenly have brakes that are functionable(meaning the barrel doesn't seem to go all the way up to the tip of the brake making it useless).

I hope you understand, and if you don't, you'd have to see a Stoner to see what I'm reffering to.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 4:41:59 PM EDT
[#3]
it's fairly simple...
a Stoner SR15 M4 has a pressed on brake that resembles a "bird cage" AR15 flash hider.

i thought it was a fake brake, until i had it pulled off, then realizing that the barrel goes up the length of the brake making it look fake(meaning the slots don't go through, being there's a barrel under the slots).

now, I saw a new SR15 Stoner M4 and they suddenly have brakes that are functionable(meaning the barrel doesn't seem to go all the way up to the tip of the brake making it useless).

I hope you understand, and if you don't, you'd have to see a Stoner to see what I'm reffering to.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 4:57:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top