Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2001 11:52:14 AM EDT
[url]http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011012/ts/attack_suspension_dc_1.html[/url]

Oh,I'm sorry, I thought we were in a WAR!!

Since WHEN do we give the ENEMY a F(_)cking BREAK when we are FIGHTING THEM?!?!

This is B(_)LLSH!T

Semper Fi

Bulldog OUT
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 11:53:18 AM EDT
[#1]
What about Tet? Oh, yeah, never mind.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 12:05:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Total BS.  They will make it a point, I am sure, to target ours.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 12:07:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Wonder if it will restart?

If they dont crawl out and expose themselves to our survailance devices, we won't be able to add new targets to our boming list.  And they are running out of targets, lot of planes came back to both Enterprise and Carl Vinson yesterday still with their bombs.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 12:09:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I think we should pause out of respect for their religion, because, we're not at war WITH their religion.  If we did bomb, they'd try to use it to pi$$ of other Muslims.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 12:13:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I think we should pause out of respect for their religion, because, we're not at war WITH their religion.  If we did bomb, they'd try to use it to pi$$ of other Muslims.
View Quote

Agreed.  

And Western Nations generally stop for the Chritmas holiday.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 12:15:25 PM EDT
[#6]
This is absurd.  Anyone remember a little war called Yom Kippur?  Shows how the muslims respect "holy days".
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 12:19:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm grateful that most of you in this thread aren't running foreign policy.

We don't want this to turn into world war III, and giving even the slightest hint that this is a war on Islam will bring us into that.  Let's not give Bin Laden and his yahoos any ammunition with which to rally the Islamic states around.  This is not a sign of weakness, but of respect for the religion.  This isn't over by a long shot, but we will have to make concessions to keep the other Islamic nations at bay.  Make no mistake though, we will exact our pound of flesh.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nice logic.....

So we gonna take off Sunday too, in respect of all the CHRISTIANS on our ships.....

Sorry, your logic fails me.

I'm sure they're gonna hate us MUCH LESS now they have a day to regroup.....yeah....right.

Bulldog OUT
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 12:22:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe it's time to spread a nasty flu virus.  Less apparent, and destructive in a 3rd world country.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 12:28:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Bulldog,

Like someone else put it, we refrain from attacks on a Muslim holiday so we don't pi$$ off the Muslims we're NOT at war with.  Make sense?  No pi$$ off ALL Muslims, no FIGHT all Muslims.  Makes sense to me.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 12:28:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Maybe it's time to spread a nasty flu virus.  Less apparent, and destructive in a 3rd world country.
View Quote

Just use Anthrax, its safer for our troops. They certainly dont have the anti-biotics to treat it in Afganistan and we do.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 12:42:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Pssssst!  "Aim for the big black box!"

M.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 12:50:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Note to all who think we are not at war with all muslims.  This will become just like Vietnam when we were not at war with all communists.  Be very wary.  If we were not willing to chance a USA vs. muslim conflict we should have stayed home.  The USA hatered we are seeking to root out goes deeper than Afghanistan.  Planerench out.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 1:45:27 PM EDT
[#14]
[size=4]Then we damn well better get this show over before the start of Ramadan! That 'holy day' runs a month long![/size=4]

Eric The(Can'tWeClaimAMonthForThanksgiving-Christmas?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 4:05:30 PM EDT
[#15]
I know everyone called the Russia/Afghan war THIER Vietnam.......

Little did we know we might have OUR Vietnam part 2: Politicians calling the shots rather than the COMMANDERS.

F'ing great

Bulldog OUT
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 4:52:36 PM EDT
[#16]
To hell with bombing halts. Prez. Johnson was a fool.

This business of "don't make all the Muslims mad" (and so fight ineffectively and timidly) reminds me of the people who hindered the conduct of our war with North VietNam "so as not to anger the Chinese".

If we are so frightened of the Muslim World that we cannot conduct the war effectively (and vigorously), we should Just Quit Now, before we let brave American soldiers die for nothing.  The Afghans will NEVER quit if we just put them through some wimpy low-intensity "conflict".  We have to seriously kick some @ss if we have any expectations of victory.

F*CK "AFGHANISTAN: The 10,000 Day War."  We need to go in there and waste him and his buddies pdq.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 4:54:51 PM EDT
[#17]
They wouldn't blink to bomb us on Easter. They haven't held a cease fire for Yom Kippur or Rosh Hassahna so why should we for them?

Look out above!
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 4:27:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Well if we're not bombing the toilet paperheads on their holy days then they won't bomb us on ours[rolleyes]...how did Richard Pryor pronounce it ......R_I_G_H_T!
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 4:40:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 4:43:47 AM EDT
[#20]
That sucks!  Politics and PR have no place in war.  Bomb them till they surrender!!!!  

[-=(_)=-]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 4:53:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Good thing you are all just a bunch of arm
chair generals.

There are two reasons bombing didn't occur.
1) Keep other Muslims on the Side lines.
2) We are using the time to solidify plans
of a post-Taliban regime.
( Once the Taliban front lines blocking Kabul
are carpet / cluster bombed the Nortern Alliance
will have gained the Capital and will look to
install themselves as gov't.)

This is just like the food drops. It's a
military tactic to keep Afghans on the side line.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 5:34:35 AM EDT
[#22]
I tend to believe that there is more to this than meets the eye.

What better way to find the antholes
than to tell them that we are going to stop
bombing them for a day.

Especially on their Holy day.

(oooohhh look at 'em run out of their holes.)
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 4:34:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
even God rested on the 7th day...
View Quote

GOD SHOWS MERCY.  WE WILL NOT!!!!!

[-=(_)=-]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 10:15:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Did we give similar concern to the Japanese and Germans in WWII?

Diddn't GW attack the Hessians at Trenton around Chrismas time?
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 4:48:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Outside of a few good points here, I think we
might be underestimating GWB's faith in his
"Higher Power".  Does anybody else see President
Bush smirking as he gives the Taliban a day to
pray to "Allah"?  I bet he was sitting there
thinking to himself: "Sure, I'll give you a day
to pray to your god - and we'll see how much
good he does you next week!"

Anybody else see that angle???????

-kid

Link Posted: 10/15/2001 5:12:26 AM EDT
[#26]
I support the break ONLY if it is done to cause MORE harm to the VERMIN!

Any break just to honor a holy day of VERMIN is a mistake IMHO.  We will soon be at war with most if not all moslems so why lay off now?  The sooner we get it on with these bastards the less organized they can be to harm us!  You can be sure THEY will show us no honor of anykind until we crush them into the sand.

When the attacks resume in the US will we lay off for a month for some stupid moslem holy day???
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 5:33:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Just double or triple up the amount of bombing for the days they got off pray to their goat.

Guz
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 6:02:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Each team is allowed 3 Time Out per Half...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top