Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2001 8:48:13 AM EDT
.....at least give us the date when we first registered with original AR15.com.

There must be a way for Edward to get the details of when we first registered on his AR15.com UBB board.

OOOOoooopppss! did not mean to be demanding, so.......

[size=4][blue] Preeeetttty Pleeeaaaasssee!![/size=4][/blue]
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 8:56:48 AM EDT
[#1]
What does it matter? I've been on this site since mid 1999. Does that give me more legitimacy than someone that's been on less? No big deal.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 9:01:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Sure it does.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 9:10:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I agree with Pangea.  Simply having more posts doesn't infer crediblity.

It might mean that you're just an annoying ass who enjoys getting into flame wars.

I think the "Registered Date" is a better barometer.

Michigander in Maryland
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 9:35:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It might mean that you're just an annoying ass who enjoys getting into flame wars.

Michigander in Maryland
View Quote

Sir,

Please read my post carefully before you agree or disagree with someone. The issue here is not about having the most number of post count but as you have said the "Registered Date". I am only pointing out that such a date should be when we first registered.

You probably were not here yet but this AR15.com site is actually the metamorphosis of the first AR15.com site which was founded by Goatboy's brother, Edward.

And Pangea, I completely agree with you that how long we have been here is not a gauge for how credible we are. It is just a matter of FYI

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 9:42:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Post count!
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 10:11:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Look in the member profile?
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 10:27:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Goatboy has already said, in another thread, that it is not possible to give members the date the joined the old board. I was on that board as well but don't remember when I joined. I do think that showing when someone joined this board is a good idea though. The board is new enough now that it really doesn't matter much. But in a couple of years it will matter to some.
Post totals I think are important. Goatboy has said he will bring those back as soon as he gets the chance.
I think most of the people that are complaining that post totals or when anyone registered are only those with few post that registered recently.
But I don't see why we can't have both. Other boards do.
I registered on Glocktalk three years ago or so. But I've got less than a hundred post there. Am I a contributing member there? No, not really.
I started my own board less than a year ago. So do I have a lot of time there? No, no one does. It is too new for anyone to have been there long. But I have over 2000 post there. So am I a contributing member there. You bet.
I registered on TFL almost three years ago and have over 2300 post there. I am (was before being banned) a contributing member there.
Registeration date or post total neither one alone really tells anyone much about a person. And even combined they can not tell a person if the member has contributed anything constructive to the board. That can only be learned from reading the persons post and getting to know them.
But post totals and registeration can tell others a lot about the other person. Do they participate? Do they really know the people on the board? Are they really a part of the board and do they think of it as their "home on the 'net"?

BTW, having to look them up is nice and fine.....and a pain in the ass. Especially when the software allows for it to be posted next to the user name.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 10:37:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Oh well! So much for wishful thinking.

Post count!Post count!Post count!Post count!Post count!Post count!Post count!Post count!Post count!
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 10:40:52 AM EDT
[#9]
<----------As long as he doesn't take away my flying pig, I'm happy.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 10:45:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Stealth,

heh! heh! heh! All you need is to photoshop a cape and viola......SUPERBABE!
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 10:46:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Darn. I just reached post number 999,900!!!! AARRGGGHHHH!!!! Now I will never know when I hit One million!!! This board sucks. I'm going to go start my own board called McUZ.....NEVERMIND!!!

As evidenced by this post...quantity really doesn't matter much.

You won't see Roy Damn Mercer bitchin' cuz he ain't payin' the bills here.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 10:53:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Michigander in Maryland
View Quote

Sir,

Please read my post carefully before you agree or disagree with someone. The issue here is not about having the most number of post count but as you have said the "Registered Date". I am only pointing out that such a date should be when we first registered.

You probably were not here yet but this AR15.com site is actually the metamorphosis of the first AR15.com site which was founded by Goatboy's brother, Edward.

And Pangea, I completely agree with you that how long we have been here is not a gauge for how credible we are. It is just a matter of FYI

Thanks!
View Quote

Sir, Please note that I was refering to Pangea's post and not yours.  

I will admit I was drawing more into what he was saying that what he actually posted, which is that neither is an indicator of legitimacy, but between the two, a register date is better than the post number.  That is of course IMO.

I hope that clarifies it for you.

I agree that if you signed up with the original AR15.com site, then your date should reflect that.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 10:59:09 AM EDT
[#13]
MIerinMD,

Point well taken!
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 11:08:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 11:49:13 AM EDT
[#15]

in the equipment exchange, i like the idea of a post count. i generally feel better buying from a more visable member.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 11:58:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Speak for yourself Pangea, I worshiped Riddler. Now im suspect. Doesnt seem nearly as smart as before.

Luck
Alac

Link Posted: 10/12/2001 4:57:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Sure it does.
View Quote

So if you stay up all night doing add a count to you post , you are a gun genius. Doubt it! Grow up! "Yay, I have 2006 post"
GG
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 5:00:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Done gone PC.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 5:03:19 PM EDT
[#19]
I liked the post count. WHY OH WHY did it leave us??  Were we mistreating it GB?

Link Posted: 10/12/2001 5:05:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Just checking my registration date
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 4:16:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Post count!
View Quote

What he said!
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 4:20:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 4:33:27 AM EDT
[#23]
[b]NBD[/b]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top