Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2001 9:56:49 PM EDT
Yesterday my Dad went to our farm to discover someone had cut the gate open and stolen everything out of our barn.  They took a saddle, some aceteylene torches, various tools etc.  The police took a report and said they would watch the pawn shops.

Today a friend of the family was at work at his hardware store and his son came home from school to find the house ransacked.  After the police took a report the family locked up the house and went to their store to finish some work.  When they returned the house had been broken into again.  To top it off, last night one of the schools in town was broken into.  

In each case the police said it looked like it was someone we and the others knew.  So here is my question.  I have a $1800 dollar CD in the bank that I have been saving for a rainy day.  Should I break it and buy a gunsafe?  Is it raining?
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 9:59:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Hell yes, you dont want a gun stolen, it is a very bad feeling..
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 10:12:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes it will keep the guns from killing an innocent person from being killed during the next ARMED robbery . It also is a real bummer losing part of the family . My very firt rifle ( Winchester model 88 )I bought was stolen from me . I replaced it years later but it is not the same .
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 10:39:48 PM EDT
[#3]
It's raining bro.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 10:42:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Best thing about a gunsafe is you can put other stuff in there too. Like jewelry, cash, cameras and things that cannot be replaced.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 10:44:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Should I break it and buy a gunsafe?
View Quote

Absolutely get a safe, a good and big one. I'am suprised they didn't get any of your weapons.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 11:29:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Get a copy of the police report. I believe you can take the loss off your income tax at the end of the year.I am not 100% sure but it is something to check out........
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 12:51:17 AM EDT
[#7]
That's why I have an alarm system - 1) To wake me up at night if someone breaks in and 2) If I am gone they won't have much time before the police arrive (believe me I know, I've set off the alarm by accident a couple times :)
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 4:08:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I had an old Ruger blackhawk .357 stolen in El Paso, Tx. once...along with my Ford pickup, tools, leather jacket, blanket and pillow(living out of my truck at the time). I'm sure everything went to Mexico. Having to explain to the; MP's, CID, El Paso P.D. about the loaded pistol was a trip (I have to admit everyone was cool about it though).

BUY A SAFE! I agree, it's a bad feeling to have someone steal from you, especially a firearm.  Get a good safe (not a Walmart thins sheetmetal one) and make it hard to get to it to do any damage.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 6:02:37 AM EDT
[#9]
We have had crime wave in our peaceful neighborhood recently which included a home invasion at 1:30 am where the admitted crack addict flipped on the bedroom light and told the couple to get under the covers then demanded,"where's the safe!!".  They didn't have one but would have had to open it if they did have one.  He got a Rolex and some diamonds.  Luckily he didn't hurt them.

Brink's Security made about 8 quick sales.

I've kept my guns hidden behind my wife's junk but I think a safe would help protect me from legal liability and would be worth the investment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top