Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2001 6:41:40 PM EDT
[b]Man arraigned on counts of trying to kill 4 officers[/b]

A San Pablo 19-year-old was angry at police for towing his car, records show

By Leslie Fulbright
TIMES STAFF WRITER

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SAN PABLO -- A 19-year-old man was arraigned Tuesday on five counts of attempted murder for allegedly shooting at a cluster of San Pablo police officers on patrol in his neighborhood.

Leonardo Lima Ramirez said he fired his rifle at the officers because he was angry at police for recently towing his car, according to records filed in Contra Costa Superior Court.

"I was so mad I didn't care what police officer I killed; I just wanted to kill," Ramirez reportedly told police in an interview after his arrest. "I pointed my rifle at the group of them."

Four police officers, who were trying to stop a vehicle for a traffic violation when the shots were fired, escaped unharmed, said San Pablo police Sgt. Doug Hearn. The vehicle's driver was unhurt.

Ramirez, of San Pablo, was arrested after the gunfire Sunday in the 1500 block of Bush Avenue.

Ramirez told police he had been angered by an earlier incident in Richmond when police seized his car. "I asked for a break and they still took the car because I am unlicensed," Ramirez said, according to court records.

When Ramirez saw the group of officers gathered near his apartment complex Sunday, he walked to his apartment and took a rifle and several bullets from his closet, records show. He was about 300 feet from the officers when he fired, Hearn said.

Of the three bullets fired, one struck a police car parked a few feet from the officers and another struck a nearby vehicle. The third round was never found, police said.

"Afterward, he went back to his house, hid the gun, and asked his friend to check and see if he hit anybody," Hearn said.

Ramirez was walking about a block from his home when police detained and questioned him. He led them to the rifle, hidden in a trash can in the laundry room of his apartment complex, records show.

During his appearance Tuesday, Ramirez cried when the court-appointed interpreter read the charges against him. He was referred to the office of the public defender and is expected to enter a plea March 6.

Ramirez is being held in lieu of $6 million bail at County Jail in Martinez.
View Quote

Cuz we have morons like this fool.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 7:09:17 PM EDT
[#1]
What an idiot sounds like he could have used more time at the range.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 7:19:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Mattja... if thats what you think gun control is for than you're a damned fool!  Gun control is for 1 thing and 1 thing only... to exert more control over the people...

History proves the fate of those citizens that have given up their arms to their governments.  I wrote an article in my law school newspaper that discusses this in some level of detail.  If anybody is interested in having me email it to them let me know... I'd love to.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 7:29:42 PM EDT
[#3]
ar15robert, I was going to say that, but I didn't have the balls to do it. :)

Scipio, you might want to read my previous 250 posts before making a determination as to my feelings regarding gun control. I was being sarcastic.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 8:06:28 PM EDT
[#4]
sorry Mattja... I noticed that you had many posts... I just thought that you were the worlds biggest troll... hehe
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 8:15:45 PM EDT
[#5]
No, that is why we should have death sentences and consequences for stupid ass people. How many kids shoot someone and just get away with it. No wonder this guys wasn't concerned with shooting at cops. And I guarentee he would be comfotable shooting at anyone else. These a-holes pull this crap and I lose my rights. Almost makes you want to shoot a bunch of people.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:09:19 PM EDT
[#6]
That's cool Scipio, I only troll on the anti-gun boards. [}:D]

Do you know anything about Plano? Two of my friends from work got transferred there today and said I should join them.

RKBA until the end.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 1:19:29 AM EDT
[#7]
The idiot should have went for the tow-truck drivers.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 1:52:41 AM EDT
[#8]
WTF was he using?  

.22 short?

Cluster?

Link Posted: 3/1/2001 3:26:44 AM EDT
[#9]
What an idiot. For the sake of humanity he needs to be made sterile.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 3:52:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Darwin award attempt!  What a MORON! "They took my car because I am unliscensed"  Well, dipsh*t, this nation has laws, and one of them is that you must have a liscense to drive a car.  Another is dont shoot at other people who arent trying to kill you!

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 6:15:26 AM EDT
[#11]
"...and several bullets..."  

What's the big deal about bullets, wouldn't it be like throwing small rocks?  Maybe they ment rounds of ammo.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 6:44:33 AM EDT
[#12]
The fool in the news article is just the type of person that new gun control laws DON"T have any affect on.He doesn't speak or understand the English language and is probably an illegal immigrant. He didn't license his car nor have a drivers license, the rifle he used in the shooting was probably stolen and apparently a throw-away, and he is a person of no financial means as he was appointed a public defender.
Gun Laws only restrict the freedoms of those who live under the law. Fellows like the above "citizen" are the type who use guns to express their anger/rage at authority without
abiding by the laws of society.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 6:47:34 AM EDT
[#13]
The gallow calls...
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 10:44:45 AM EDT
[#14]
That's some funny sh*t you typed there ELEFTARIA.

A 19-year-old man was arraigned Tuesday on five counts of attempted murder for allegedly shooting at a [i]cluster[/i] of San Pablo police officers on patrol in his neighborhood.
View Quote

The clusterf*ck allegedly fired clusters of bullets at the cluster of cops gathered around the clusters of police cruisers.
Link Posted: 3/2/2001 3:07:09 AM EDT
[#15]
ELEFTARIA, and he probably didn't have liability insurance. And I'll bet he voted for Gore since in CA, they can't ask for your Id at the polls. Fvcking state.

I say give him 25 years and then ship his middle-aged ass back to Mexico. If he sets foot in the US and is caught, count it as a 3rd strike and lock his moronic ass back up for another 25.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top