Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2001 6:23:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 6:59:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Well the easiest place to go is down pyramid highway.  you take it north. There is an Exit off of 80 right next to the Nugget in sparks. If you head around 15 miles you will see the regional shooting facuility for washoe county.  Don't stop there go a mere half mile past it and on the left there will be a yellow cattle guard and you have ALOT of open space to shoot right next to the organized range.  with a big mountain inbetween you.  I can direct you to some more spots but honestly with upwards to 93% of nevada being baren god forsaken federal land you are well within you rights to stop and shoot as long as you are 25 feet off of the roads and a good rule of thumb is a mile from a house.  E-mail for more spots

Cheers Jim
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 7:11:24 PM EDT
[#2]
The exit from 80 is pyramid way.

Happy shooting..:)
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 7:46:54 PM EDT
[#3]
yep thats a great range shot a few matches there back in the 80's.
if you are going down 395 there is a neat little range outside of carson city that used to be always open with almost nobody ever there and no fee if its still like that.
you go into carson and take highway 50 east out of town when you get to the hill going out of carson the road to your right going up the first rise you take that and it will take you by the road to get to the range. some folks in the area could get you some better directions as its been about 9 years since I was there. and if you just miss it on the highway about another mile you can stop in to one of the many brothels for a cool beer. it always made a good day of shooting that much more fun.  guns, beer and women and then back for more shooting.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 8:09:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
yep thats a great range shot a few matches there back in the 80's.
if you are going down 395 there is a neat little range outside of carson city that used to be always open with almost nobody ever there and no fee if its still like that.
you go into carson and take highway 50 east out of town when you get to the hill going out of carson the road to your right going up the first rise you take that and it will take you by the road to get to the range. some folks in the area could get you some better directions as its been about 9 years since I was there. and if you just miss it on the highway about another mile you can stop in to one of the many brothels for a cool beer. it always made a good day of shooting that much more fun.  guns, beer and women and then back for more shooting.
View Quote

Look for the sign on the right that says "land fill", turn right there then just follow the signs for the rifle range. Covered rifle and pistol ranges, concrete benches but no chairs. Bring your own targets. Whatever you want to shoot at is ok as long as you clean any debris. Also there are 4 shooting bays for "fun". Full auto always welcome in NV. NO RANGE MASTER!
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 8:34:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Stop in the middle of no where and shoot till you are almost out of ammo.. of course I lived in Fernely.. we werent as civilized as the city folks..

Ropes
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 11:24:31 PM EDT
[#6]
The Carson Range is kick ass as far as ranges go. Also, if you go a little further, past the range turn off on highway 50, you'll come to Carson Armory. The owner, Harry, took a bunch of us "good customers" ( those that bring beer) to the range for some Class 3 fun. Full auto FN FNC, M14, M11, suppressed AR15. Nice folks and you might run into the mysterious Gunmonkey.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 12:51:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes the carson range is a very nice. Like the
gunmonkey said a must is the armory I just hope
that for the safty of your frinds and self you
dont run in to the gunmonkey!
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 10:50:38 PM EDT
[#8]
AFFIX BAYONETS!
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:59:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Back when I worked in NSP, I used to go shooting there all the time.

God, I hated living there but the range was great. D.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top