Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2001 5:07:29 PM EDT
While participating in Dine Out America toniught, I saw this hanging on the wall at the local Longhorn Steakhouse.

[b]I am an American.

I owe you no apologies nor will I accept those apologies made for me by others.

If you dislike me, you dislike me not for what I am, but for what you are not. By my own sweat I have created a lifestyle which I desire for all men.

To the world I have shared my wealth and
given my blood, not because of obligation, but by my free will. I have fed the hungry of the world…

Many have bit my hand; I used the other hand.

I defeated my enemies in battle, then pulled them up from the ashes of defeat. Once strong , they again attacked; I turned the other cheek.

Though I am strong, I have never used my strength to rule others. But do not misjudge me, I will not allow the fear of my own strength to become my weakness.

If you wish to rise, I will give you a helping hand…

But by the grace of God, and I’ll first be damned, will I let you drag me down so that we may be equal.

D. Ault[/b]

And while your at it, eat at Longhorn! More power to ANY business in today's America that would post such a bold statement on their lobby wall!
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 5:11:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for that post. Longhorn will be on the top of my, "next place to eat at list".
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 5:13:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Mikey likes it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top