Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2001 1:58:31 PM EDT
AK47 or AK74 it seems to kick his ass?

... all those video clips you see looks like the full-auto recoil kicks their pussies back about 4 or 5 feet.

WTF?
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 2:00:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 2:02:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I just love the way they seem to look away when they fire them.  I mean really how the the heck do they expect to see their targets....or are they counting on ALLAH to will it so.

Link Posted: 10/11/2001 2:03:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Part of could be the fact that they all look malnourished and weigh 95lbs.  The other part of it is if you are Afghan and can properly fire and handle an AK you are in a trench somewhere patiently waiting for the USMC or Army.

[i]My post is similar because raf posted while I was typing[/i]
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 2:29:03 PM EDT
[#4]
In Afghanistan (especially) they aren't hitting much of anything. The distances are too vast for accurate shooting from a shot-out ak-47.

Ever watch a documentary on the civil war there? I've never seen anyone hit anything! They just pop off a few rounds, duck back down, wait, lob off a shell from a mortar that lands in the middle of nowhere :)
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 2:35:13 PM EDT
[#5]
why is it every time i go to the rifle ranges here in GA, there is some untrained newbie with a Kalashnikov, Simonov, FAL, [insert heavy autoloading rifle], and it kicks his ass when he fires it??

i suppose its b/c they have NO TRAINING in how to fire a long arm, let alone a select fire weapon.

scott out
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 2:37:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I know it isn't there size.  I am fairly light.  130lbs.  I have a MAK-90 and shoot it just fine without being throuwn around.  They just don't know what they are doing.  They don't go to school, can't read, and are plain stupid.  Why else would they choose death from us versus millions in aid and having their county re-built?
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 3:08:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Skinny assed, poorly trained punks.
The AK is a pussy cat on full auto.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 4:28:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
why is it every time i go to the rifle ranges here in GA, there is some untrained newbie with a Kalashnikov, Simonov, FAL, [insert heavy autoloading rifle], and it kicks his ass when he fires it??

i suppose its b/c they have NO TRAINING in how to fire a long arm, let alone a select fire weapon.

scott out
View Quote

[size=2][b]BINGO[/b]![/size=2]

- Ever notice how much anthrax tastes like chicken?
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 5:39:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I just get jealous that they can buy FA AK's for a carton of smokes.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 5:42:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Buddy of mine is class 3 dealer. Just got a Czech. VZ 58, their clone of the AK. 14" barrell. Diff. gas system. That bitch pounds hard and  breathes fire in full sun. LEO, too bad. At least I got to shoot it. Still not uncontrolable.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 6:24:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Ever notice that if the damn thing [b]isn't[/b] kicking their ass, it's because they're running combat maneuvers... [b]With the gun pointed up in the air![/b]  Personally, I dont see an effective combat stance consisting of my rifle held at arms length, straight up in the air.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 7:03:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ever notice that if the damn thing [b]isn't[/b] kicking their ass, it's because they're running combat maneuvers... [b]With the gun pointed up in the air![/b]  Personally, I dont see an effective combat stance consisting of my rifle held at arms length, straight up in the air.
View Quote

... this says "I'm over here, here"
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 10:16:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 1:03:24 AM EDT
[#14]
I have noticed whenever they show footage of these guys "warring" in third world countries, 80% of the time the weapon is not shouldered when they fire it (and I'm not talking about just shooting in the air for fun).  What are they thinking.  They need a little message on the buttstock that says "THIS STOCK WAS PUT HERE FOR A REASON"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top