Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2001 1:24:39 PM EDT
Go here: [url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,36316,00.html[/url]

The Senate approved an amendment offered by Sen. John Breaux, D-La., to study the use by flight crews of nonlethal weapons to disable would-be hijackers. After the Carnahan debate broke down, the Senate also quickly agreed to two amendments; [b]to allow pilots to carry firearms[/b] and to put airport security under the jurisdiction of the Department of Justice.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/11/2001 2:22:06 PM EDT
[#1]
MSNBC just reported that the Senate passed the bill WITH the ammendment to arm pilots UNANAMOUSLY and it now goes to conference comittee.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 2:39:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Good deal. If this is a war, then pilots are in combat, whether it's a military uniform or not. They at least should be able to carry the Berettas we had as mission crew when we went into combat zones.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 2:47:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Sound AOK to me, too bad ordinary citizens can't carry concealed on board aircraft.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 3:00:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I get a kick out of all the idiots that were opposed to arming pilots.
"what if he had a bad day and started shooting people."
Hello, if he had a damn bad day, what's stopping him from ditching into a populated center??
Hello hello hello
Are we speaking English here????
Are we using common sense?
I'm all for Air Marshalls, but think it's not a bad idea that the pilots/crew be armed as well.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 3:02:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Good deal. If this is a war, then pilots are in combat, whether it's a military uniform or not. They at least should be able to carry the Berettas we had as mission crew when we went into combat zones.
View Quote

They aren't the only ones, we all are at war, why are our lives any less valuable than the pilots?

Why are we not allowed to defend ourselves, a fundamental human right.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 3:13:19 PM EDT
[#6]
This may not last, there are signs that the sheeple are waking up: [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=59899[/url] the highlight:
Many of the people who are buying guns now are those who would not normally buy a gun in the past, Hoffman said, such as lawyers and doctors...

Pistol sales are restricted to people who have pistol permits, which take 90 days to get. There is also a two week wait to purchase a shotgun or rifle if the purchaser does not have a hunting permit.

Even when people with permits and licenses do purchase weapons, Hoffman said, background checks are required before the weapon can be handed over to them.

"A lot of people thought they could just walk in and buy (guns)," Irvine said, adding that many would-be gun buyers were shocked by the restrictions.

View Quote

When this class of person gets shocked and upset about something, lawmakers listen

Link Posted: 10/11/2001 3:23:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I liked the wake up call some people got when the deranged guy rushed the cockpit on the LA to Chicago flight.

But, but, but, where were the sky marshals???

I support arming every pilot that wants to carry, on every flight.  Guaranteed, there will always be pilots on every flight.  Not so with the sky marshals.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 3:43:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank GOD! I wasn't sure about this one. Well, it's not the law, yet.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 3:48:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Well it took long enough..........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top