Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2001 1:14:06 PM EDT

after seeing how a very limited anthrax exposure has almost overloaded the CDC as far as testing,  i do not want to think about what a large scale release would mean.

it seems to me that with even one large scale exposure, testing would take so long that people in the area would either have to take an antibiotic or risk death before knowing with certainty if they were exposed or not.

is there enough antibiotic in any largely populated area to handle that threat? can you imagine the possible panic such a situation could create.

i truley hope florida was not some type of test...

Link Posted: 10/11/2001 1:18:34 PM EDT
[#1]
A report I saw last night said that there is enough vaccine ready for a city the size of Washington DC. They didn't elaborate as to whether supplies like that existed near all/most major cities. I'd guess that we'd just skip the testing portion and go directly to the vaccination if there was evidence of a large release.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 7:32:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Vaccines won't help very much until you've run their full course which takes 18 months to complete.

Anti-biotics in high doses, more than 60 days worth, are the only cure for Anthrax once infected.

[url]http://medicalcorps.org/p10.htm[/url]

And make sure that you are not allergic to the Anti-biotics. I can't tolerate Tetracyclines. Cipro, a quinolone based anti, may be my only option.  Fluoroquinolone Anti-biotics like Cipro may have complications involving tendonitis. Consult a Doctor.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 7:42:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Cipro, a quinolone based anti, may be my only option.  Fluoroquinolone Anti-biotics like Cipro may have complications involving tendonitis.
View Quote

Describe "complications involving tendonitis", please??  I'm wondering if that was what I was experiencing.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 7:47:04 PM EDT
[#4]
How about this...
Could that French guy paragliding onto the Statue of Liberty some sort of probing attack?

Sorry if some one already mentioned it. I don't follow this board that closely
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 7:50:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Children have problems taking Cipro.  It does something to their bones' growth plates.  We got something else for them if we need to do a prophylactic regimen.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 8:42:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Your Doctor should've warned you of any medication contraindications. But here is some more info I found on the web.

[url]http://www.sma.org/smj2000/maysmj00/casparian.pdf[/url]
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 9:04:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
A report I saw last night said that there is enough vaccine ready for a city the size of Washington DC. They didn't elaborate as to whether supplies like that existed near all/most major cities. I'd guess that we'd just skip the testing portion and go directly to the vaccination if there was evidence of a large release.
View Quote

Oh, yes.  We can always count on the government to take care of us.  No need to take measures ourselves.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top