Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2001 12:57:12 PM EDT
Your opinions please.  Does it ride too low for concealment with a light coat?  I'm looking to use this for my Beretta 92fs.  Other manufacturer suggestions that may be better at around 50-60.00?  Thanks guns762
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 1:03:08 PM EDT
[#1]
No, it's perfect.  Clearly the best one out there, and I've tried many.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 1:27:27 PM EDT
[#2]
JDP, You aren't yank'en my chain, are you?  Your comments kinda sound sarcastic.  If not, Thankyou.  I don't have money to waste, and this is a considerable amount for me to pay for a holster....I have guns I've paid less for.  I want to get this right.
guns762
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 3:22:40 PM EDT
[#3]
One complaint I used to hear several years ago about Galco paddle holsters was that the paddle was slippery, resulting on the holster shifting around pretty easily.  I have no idea if this is still true.  

They also used to sell a rather poor pancake holster.  Other than these two items, everything I’ve seen or heard about Galco is very good.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 4:23:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Bianchi Model 59 paddle for my B92. The paddle isn't leather covered, but smooth plastic on the 'in' side and checkered rubber on the 'pants' side. I like it because I can carry on the weak side for crossdraw. That's a big advantage when sitting/driving.

I use a Safariland Model 518 paddle for a S&W Mod 60 in warmer weather. The paddle is all leather covered, but after 5 or 6 years the plastic inside is breaking and the part that grabs your belt is not as sturdy as the Bianchi.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 6:12:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Paddles are inherently less concealable than belt slide holsters.  In my experience, Galco holsters are overpriced and of relatively poor quality.  Unless you absolutely have to have a paddle, I'd get an IWB or belt holster from Milt Sparks or Horseshoe Leather.  Not much more money, infinitely better quality, in my experience.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 10:53:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Negative Sparky.

Galco is THE shit  (GOOD STUFF).
I will never go with anything else.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 11:32:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Hate to disagree, Gene, but as far as I'm concerned Galco is not THE shit, it is simply shit.  Crappy leather, half-assed boning, and who the fuck wears a 1 3/4 inch belt every day?  Those lazy bastards don't want to make their whole line in multiple belt-loop sizes, so they make all but a few of their holsters with 1 3/4 slots so people can use all belt sizes with one holster.  Problem is, if you use a smaller belt the holster will rock.  Have you ever tried a holster from a real maker, not one of the mass-production factories?  The best holsters are made one at a time by craftsmen, not on an assembly line by minimum-wage monkeys.  I suppose you could say Galco has its place if it was significantly cheaper than real leather, but it's not.  A POS Galco belt slide will run you darn near what a good holster from Milt Sparks will run.  Tell you what- buy a rig from Milt and a rig from Andy Arratoonian at Horseshoe Leather and compare them to your Galco, then tell me what you think.

Galco is to gunleather what the TEC-9 is to guns, in every way except price.  They are proud of their shitty leather.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 6:36:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, I ordered one last night; before Sparky315 posted.  I did say though, Sparky, ONLY $50-60, I know this is not a lot for some people, but for me it is about $30 more than I wanted to spend, already.  I will look at it and evaluate it from there.  I think I'm going to like it.  As for concealability, I think the paddle works, I already own a UM Kydex, and it seems to conceal fine.   My next choice for style would be a Small of Back style holster.  That may be next.  Thanks for your comments, guns762
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 11:41:23 AM EDT
[#9]
If you decide you don't like it, try Blade-tech.  Frankly, a Beretta 92 is a big gun to carry in a paddle- it's long and wide and can be difficult to conceal.  I usually carry mine in a Kramer vertical IWB holster, although if I had to buy a holster for it today it would probably be a Milt Sparks Summer Special II.  I've been carrying my Glock 35 in one of these for a while now, and it's great.  IWB carry doesn't work well for some folks, but it's worth a try.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 6:25:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Up date:  
I received my new Galco PLE paddle for my B92fs last night and I am impressed!  It fits the gun like a glove.  It does not rock on my hip, AT ALL! I have belt holsters that move more!  The quality seem great, looks fantastic.  Only complaint is it is difficult to remove even with two hands from my waist band, but I'm getting better at it.  A waist length coat will not conceal it to my satisfaction, but slightly longer will do fine.  I am very impressed and not dissapointed at all.  I know I could have spent alot more for a custom maker and I'm sure they would have been nice too, but I can't believe they would have been much better.
Thanks for all the opinions and advise.
guns762
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 9:03:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Forget leather, get Kydex.
[url]www.comp-tac.com[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top