Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2001 9:04:04 AM EDT
Is it legal to have a .380 in my suitcase in the trunk while I travel in state? Is it legal to use it in self defense on the BG that breaks into my hotel room? Hypothetical of course.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 9:16:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, as long as it's not loaded.
Yes, if he busts in to your hotel, although you might want to take the time to be sure that rattling of the door isn't some drunk w/ the wrong room key.

Mike

PS - we are a CCL state ya know.....
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 9:17:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes just as long as it's ok to have the gun in the state you are going to and you keep the ammo in some place else.

O- and you should pee befor you hit the road.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 9:17:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Depends on the state.  I believe there is a Federal firearms transport law that allows you to transport (securely wrapped, unloaded, etc.).  Also, I think many states consider a motel room "curtilage"(sp?).  Check the NRA page or [url]www.packing.org[/url].

Hope this helps some.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 9:18:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Oops, didn't see the "in state" part.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 9:25:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys...and that link was very helpful as well. Last Last resort only...drunks are safe around me..LOL!
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 11:56:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I just wanted to pass along one of the things I carry in my travel bag is a small rubber door stop (the wedge kind).
Its great for keeping people out of your room, especially those that might have a key.
Just kick it under your door before you go to bed for the night.
I'm realise this might not keep out everyone but hopefully they will have to make enough noise to get the door open that will wake me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top