House in the last Congress.  I strongly oppose this law and will work to
repeal it in order to give law-abiding gun owners the rights they are
being denied.

Warmest regards,

Zach Wamp
Member of Congress
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 7:49:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn good guy.  Go help him out, stuff some envelopes, knock on some doors.  Do what you can!
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 7:57:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Damn good guy.  Go help him out, stuff some envelopes, knock on some doors.  Do what you can!
View Quote

I do. On a regular basis. I don't just post that I want things changed, I try to help in the process.

Don Out
Airborne!
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 8:21:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I've always liked the Hon. Zach Wamp (the name simply cannot be forgotten) whenever he appears on the talking heads circuit.

He's always right on during the minute speeches on the House Floor!

I would say that he's a libertarian Republican, just as Texas' own Hon. Ron Paul.

Eric The(And,Ahem...Me)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 8:30:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 8:43:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That's great news, but having worked in a Senator's office I have to tell you that my biggest pet peeve is constituent response letters like this in which he makes it sound as he ran out to co-sponsor the bill because you Donald wrote to him.  I think its blowing sunshine up a voter's ass.

When I wrote those type of letters I always worded them to the effect, "you are not alone in your concerns, countless constituents have contacted me to voice their support (or opposition) to H.R. XXXX.  I have heard your words and I embrace them.  Rest assured that I will support/oppose/co-sponsor this legislation when it reached the floor."

Sorry, just a pet peeve, but if you post the member's address I'll consider making a donation to his campaign even though I live in the PRofNY.
View Quote

Yeah, I've had better form letters, and I agree that this is a clumsy attempt at seeming to be at one with the people.

His info is best summed up on GOAs site
[url]http://capwiz.com/gunowners/bio/?id=543&lvl=C[/url]

Thanx!
[b][size=1]Don Out[/size=1][/b]
[b][size=4][red]AIRBORNE![/red][/size=4][/b]

[i]
What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is the dearness only that gives everything value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price on its goods.
[I]  Thomas Paine.

Link Posted: 10/11/2001 8:46:24 AM EDT
[#6]
11H1P, what part of TN do you live in and can I stay with you untill I can find a place?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top