Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2001 7:23:13 PM EDT
Last weekend I took my fairly new Benelli out of my cabinet to go shooting. What I saw made me cringe, I found a rust spot on the outside of the barrel. The spot is about five by one inches and is on the top of the barrel.

What is the safest way to get this off without ruining the finish on my shotgun? Should I just take it to a local gunsmith?

Thanks,
Shorty

[Crossposted from maintainence and cleaning for exposure.]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:32:01 PM EDT
[#1]
The cleaning agent I use on firearms usually works. It's called G-96 gun treatment. I've wiped off some pretty damn big rust spots with it. Not sure where to get any though. Matter of fact if someone can tell me where I can find some more I'd appreciate it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:39:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The cleaning agent I use on firearms usually works. It's called G-96 gun treatment. I've wiped off some pretty damn big rust spots with it. Not sure where to get any though. Matter of fact if someone can tell me where I can find some more I'd appreciate it.
View Quote

[url]http://www.airgunexpress.com/MaintenanceSupplies.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:42:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:49:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Another good fix is using [b]stainless steel[/b] steel wool & any good gun oil. Just pour on some oil & rub with light pressure. It will take off the rust without hurting the blueing. You can find it at your local Walmart type stores alot cheaper than Brownells.

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:59:38 PM EDT
[#5]
You can get RB-17 at sinclair International 219-493-1858  4 oz bottle is $5.25, 16 oz $15.75
[url]www.sinclairintl.com[/url]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 8:12:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the help!!!  I'll be going shopping tomorrow for these products.  :-)

Right now I'm trying to mke my Beta Mag take more than 17 rounds. . .  These spacer rounds are a pain in the ass!!!

Shorty
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top