Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2001 6:23:00 PM EDT
I need a favor and if anyone can help, I'll be deeply indebted to you.  Iknow this is touchy subject matter, but try and put yourself in my shoes...

A friend of mine called me tonight and said she needed me to tape "West Wing" for her.  As much as I hate the show and everything about it, she's a VERY good friend and I already owe her big for more stuff than I could ever make up for, so I promised to do it for her.  Unfortunately she's a big fan of the show and was counting on my stupid ass to tape it for her.  I missed it ('cause I never watch it anyway) and now I feel like a complete asshole for screwing up this one thing she asked of me.  If any of you can get a copy of tonights show, I'll be grateful in such a big way.

I know; its a stupid liberal shit show, but she likes it and she asked a favor of me.  Please don't give me crap about spreading the stupid liberal shit TV program; I already know it.   This is simply about my own stupidity in not paying attention and breaking my word to a good friend.  I screwed up and I'm trying to fix it.  Do you know anyone who may have taped it? Can anyone help?
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:25:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I need a favor and if anyone can help, I'll be deeply indebted to you.  Iknow this is touchy subject matter, but try and put yourself in my shoes...

A friend of mine called me tonight and said she needed me to tape "West Wing" for her.  As much as I hate the show and everything about it, she's a VERY good friend and I already owe her big for more stuff than I could ever make up for, so I promised to do it for her.  Unfortunately she's a big fan of the show and was counting on my stupid ass to tape it for her.  I missed it ('cause I never watch it anyway) and now I feel like a complete asshole for screwing up this one thing she asked of me.  If any of you can get a copy of tonights show, I'll be grateful in such a big way.

I know; its a stupid liberal shit show, but she likes it and she asked a favor of me.  Please don't give me crap about spreading the stupid liberal shit TV program; I already know it.   This is simply about my own stupidity in not paying attention and breaking my word to a good friend.  I screwed up and I'm trying to fix it.  Do you know anyone who may have taped it? Can anyone help?
View Quote

If not, tell her your machine ate the tape- pull out some tape from the cassette and leave it in a wad on the table, make VCR disappear for a few days for "repairs"

Airborne!
Don Out
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:34:14 PM EDT
[#2]
btt

C'mon guys, someone here has to know someone who might have taped it...please???
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:40:17 PM EDT
[#3]
As bad as I hate to admit it , I think I may have "accidentally" taped it. Please forgive me brothers, I was trying to tape "ED" for my wife....How can I help??????? fullclip
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:46:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Is she cute?  If not... who cares about missing the show... *smirk*
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:57:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Ask her is she has ever heard of a thing called RERUNS.

Then tell her to get a life and don't obsess over some stupid fucking TV show.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:01:39 PM EDT
[#6]
shaggy
I'm almost possitive that my mom taped it, I'll let you know in the morning. I think she said its going to be a two part show with this week being part one.
Did you get the tape with the first three Band of Brothers I sent?
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:16:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
shaggy
I'm almost possitive that my mom taped it, I'll let you know in the morning. I think she said its going to be a two part show with this week being part one.
Did you get the tape with the first three Band of Brothers I sent?
View Quote

Princeton -

Yup got it, and its on its way back tomorrow - do you want to borrow any MG vids - Knob Creek & Dillon MG Magic - (I'll send them all at once if you want to see those).  
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:20:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I know its a stupid fucking TV show.  Thats not the issue here.  What is at issue is the value of my word.  I made a promise and I fucked it up.  Now I'm trying my best to fix things and make good on my promise.  The subject of the promise isn't important to me, its the promise that is.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:24:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 6:01:11 AM EDT
[#10]
shaggy
Yeah I have it on tape. She also taped Law & Order that came on after.

I've seen a few of the MG videos already no need to send them, it only depresses me seeing what I can't own.

Email me your address again and I'll mail the tape to you.
Rob
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 1:20:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I know its a stupid fucking TV show.  Thats not the issue here.  What is at issue is the value of my word.  I made a promise and I fucked it up.  Now I'm trying my best to fix things and make good on my promise.  The subject of the promise isn't important to me, its the promise that is.
View Quote

Well...OK.
A man should keep his word.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top