Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2001 3:28:11 PM EDT
For a DPMS preban AR15?  I've verified that its pre-ban.  The upper is a 20 in free-floater, has a scope, bayo lug, A2 rear sight, laser sight, flash suppressor.  Barrel is marked 5.56 NATO 1/7.  I feel like it's a good price, but I've learned to ask the experts before I buy stuff like this.  TIA
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 3:50:08 PM EDT
[#1]
... what kind of scope and laser sites?

$1200 is still a good deal. I'd ask if he/she would take a discount if they would keep the scope & laser.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 4:05:41 PM EDT
[#2]
What WW said.[;)]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 4:26:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn't pay too much attention to the scope or laser site, but the brand names weren't anything I recognized.  I can't even remember the names now.  I figured I would put them on one of my 10/22s.  My main concern is the lower itself.  From the serial number list off the old site, it looks like most of the DPMS lowers are cast rather than forged, or might be stainless steel.  Are cast lowers, particularly DPMS, bad?

I never thought that the boss would let me have a pre-ban, so I never really paid attention to the posts about them.  But now that I have the OK to get one, I want to make sure I don't get shafted.

Link Posted: 10/10/2001 4:35:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Alot of people prefer forged, but I've never heard anything adverse about the cast ones.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top