Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/28/2001 2:51:27 PM EDT
Hi there. I was recently told about the bulletin board by a professional acquaintance, and decided to see if the information availible was worthy of reading. I am happy to say that most of it seems to be good information about firearms, and other tactical gear. I am new to this board, but not to firearms. I currently am employed in a high risk profession, and have studied the subjects you talk about very extensively. I hope to be a helpful member, as my knowledge of firearms and tactical procedures is worth sharing. I am sure I will enjoy being here.

Gecko45
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 2:54:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the board.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 2:55:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Always good to to see new members.

Welcome.[:)]
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 2:56:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh NO!  It's the

[size=6]THE MALL NINJA![/size=6]
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 3:00:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Howdy Gecko45 and welcome.  

AS for M15A2   LMAO.  I hope not. [rocket]
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 3:00:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Did you get the Glock "practical tactical" yet?  And what about the special Ninja shoes for climbing walls?  I am ordering extra ballistic panels for my briefcase based entirely on your operation strategy plan.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 3:00:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome G45.

How about telling us ore about you. You know, you could be an accountant (gotta hate those dangerous paper cuts!) or a postal worker (beware of dogs) [;)].

Always good to have another member on the site.

Oh, one more thing, please tell me you don't have a Glock!

CMOS [:D]
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 3:03:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I do not understand your reference to “The mall ninja”. I am a security officer, and although I have studied Ninjitsu extensively, I do not consider my self to be a ninja yet. Your reference to “mall” surprised me, though, I am a security officer at one of the nations largest retail shopping centers, but I have never posted here before, so how did you know? I don’t think I know you personally, m15A2.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 3:08:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Hello, CMOS, what is wrong with owning Glocks? I currently own a G17, and a G19, and they are very nice firearms. Do you not care for Glocks? I am not able to carry them on duty, but they are very reliable, and handy to have when I am off duty.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 3:09:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Welcome Gecko45.  I am interested in hearing more about your tactical use of duct tape.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 3:10:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 3:19:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Gecko, dont mind M15A2, he is a non-believer.  I am truly interested in your profession and wish to emulate you on your combat proficiency.  

Now, when you are taking .308 hits on your reinforced briefcase while your partner is heading for cover, do you also return fire at the same time?  And if so, how do you protect your head from those .308 size pieces of lead flying around?  What precautions do you observe in your "free fire zone" as regards to shoppers?  Or are the blue haired ladies too short to make much of a target?  What, if any, special objects do you carry in the tactical briefcase besides ballistic panels?  Extra rounds? Cell phone?  baloney sandwich?  I really need to know since I am putting together a defensive system such as yours for those high risk time when I have to go into Wal-Mart on Sale Day.

This is a list of special weapons my security force is in the market for:

1.  Glock 18 with Night Sights (for night shoppers)
2.  M16 with 3 round burst
3.  MP5k with suppressor
4.  SPAS-12 Shotgun with frangible slugs (wont penetrate the bathroom walls in Sears that way)
5.  .50 cal Barrett with 24X scope (for the far back parking lot shots)
6.  Flash bangs

We are awaiting approval of the local LEO's before obtaining our arsenal.  They dont understand "we" are the real heroes.  They just come into to clean up afterwards.

Here is a list of our present weapon systems:

1.  1 can of 5% Pepper Mace (expired by 1 yr)
2.  Key Chain Knife
3.  My Partners Nail File

We perform all our special operations with this arsenal but when we get the higher firepower, we will clean our retail establishment up big time.

Please give any advice you can.  We worship the parking lot you walk on Gecko
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 3:22:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Ahh *hit,   [grenade]
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 3:31:46 PM EDT
[#13]
on behalf of the esteemed members of www.ak47.net, i would be honoured if you would accept my humble invitation to register and become a guest at our humble site, sir.

the pleasure would be all ours.

thank you'

your humble and obediant servant,
campybob
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 3:34:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Campy You SOB !
I'm Telling Mom on you !
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 3:35:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I`ve given some thought about the extra plate and duct tape problem.
Shave your back and chest, use super glue(the tactical stuff in the camo package) and cut the plate in itty bitty pieces like a mosiac tile. Apply so you still have mobility and plates will flex, now put a second layer over the first but make sure the joints overlap.
Do you ever have to do undercover work?
Hows that partner (female) after the prone training? Can you post any pics of her and this highly regarded tactic?
Welcome Stud
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 3:40:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I hope you're not still duct taping trauma plates to your undershirt.  LOL!!
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 3:47:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Welcome Gecko45.
Please forgive them.
Let's just say that your Reputation Precedes you.

We are Honored to have you here.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 3:55:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Salutations
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 4:03:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Pure  Comedy
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 4:16:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 5:19:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Where can I find one of those rapid deployable tactical golf carts?
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 5:33:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 5:39:56 PM EDT
[#23]
(My favorite post form the original mall gecko/ninja on Glock Talk:)

Hey there,
You might want to drop the .300 WinMag hand cannon in favor of the Glock 37 in .700 CrazyBastardMagnumButtStomper (CBMBS) that I posted about earlier in "Caliber Corner." Cor-Bon's +P+P+P+P+P+ load will destroy an entire building full of ballistic gelatin blocks. All this assuming, of coruse, you could handle firing Tamara's 10mm G29 without it smacking you in the head and becoming your new "Daddy," if you know what I mean.

Ha ha... duct tape will fix an awful lot of problems, too, so don't scoff at it. Especially if you tape someone's hands to the back of their head so they can't type. But then how would you stop a riot of 14-year-old-girls making a crazed run on the new Brittney Spears CD at the record store?

This is a great topic.

------------------
CastleBravo
Big Dawg #413

My second favorite:

If plan A is for you to take multiple rounds of .308 in your back, I would come up with a plan B. Good luck.
Dispenser for Hire
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 6:02:18 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm never going to a mall again , they're way to dangerous for me.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 6:11:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 6:22:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Gecko45,

[b]Welcome to our corner of the internet![/b]

Now with that out of the way, please elaborate more on your ninjitsu training as well as your specialized training in various weapons systems.

I would consider it an honor to learn these stuff from someone as distinguished as you based on the reputation that precedes you.

thank you very much.

respectfully,

riddler
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 7:02:23 PM EDT
[#27]
I came here hoping to engage in intelligent, serious conversation. I do not know why you people insist on bringing up things from other firearms boards, that have no relation to the subject at hand. It is possible that I made a few mistakes speaking about my RTF team, but I continue to think that my job of valiantly protecting those people who shop at this mall is very important. I am still convinced that my life may be in danger from those whom I may apprehend in this mall, and I refuse to take my job less seriously. Also, the boots are leather, with a set of two downwards-pointing spikes, and a person may climb wooden barricades with them, this is a useful skill. I still think that all of you are makeing fun of me for no reason. I would like to be taken seriously here.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 7:04:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Ain't gonna happen. You cant even spell.  That shit at glocktalk is the funniest shit I think I have ever heard in my life.  I just sincerly hope it is a joke.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 7:15:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Maybe I cannot type very well, or I miss a word when I am spelling something, but that does not make me any less of an intelligent person. I feel that I could teach you people some things, I have a lot of experience, even if I am not a SEEL or anything. That is why I came here, to share, and learn, too. I think that you makeing fun of someone's spelling, and insinuating that they should not be taken serously by other adults is stupid.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 7:16:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Hallo, Willkommen zur board.I-Hoffnung genießen Sie Ihren Aufenthalt. Sie finden viele unterschiedliche Perspektiven und Meinungen hier. Einige können, aber aus Malice heraus kaum überhaupt beleidigen.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 7:21:31 PM EDT
[#31]
No pun intended.

I really am serious about learning some neat tricks from you.

BTW, how do you get rid of the adhesive that the duct tape leaves behind after you peel it off your back? Would nail polish remover work?? I am asking since I have these AR mags that have duct tape on it and I could not seem to get it off.

Also, how can you walk if the leather shoes that you say are for climbing has two downward-pointing spikes?? Can you use those shoes for lawn care??? Where can I get these shoes?
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 7:25:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Hey Gecko your welocme on the AK.net

[url]http://www.ak-47.net/akboard/Ultimate.cgi[/url]

You will be taken seriously there dude.  Come on over.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 7:28:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 7:30:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 7:34:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Don't listen to their crap, Gecko45. The average civilian has no idea what it is like in a large retail outlet in a major city. I too am in the same line of work as you and it can be very serious. We do all the work and then the cops show up for an easy trip downtown to process paperwork. Then it starts all over again. It is a thankless job that not many can do. Just keep your head up, buddy and stay armed to the teeth. That's what I do.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 7:44:46 PM EDT
[#36]
I have a fully automatic, laser guided, heat seeking, duble barreled shotgun for sale that is marked "Security Personnel Only" on the receiver.  It's almost as good as the .700 CBMBS,but it does'nt quite have the range, however it's cyclic rate more than makes up for lack of longrange potential.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 8:01:32 PM EDT
[#37]
WHAT DOES THE BASE SALARY START AT FOR A TRAINED PROFESSIONAL IN YOUR FIELD?
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 8:12:09 PM EDT
[#38]
If I were him I'd be a little less worried about the things you people say to him and a LOT more worried about the exponentially by the day growing prevalence of schoolkids carrying .50bmg and 20mm pocket-pistols, or those new bmg sniper rifles (soon a 20mm!) that break down in sections and conceal under the deck of specially (illegally) modified post-ban skateboards or inside a backpack, i'd say sextupling your level of ballistic plates would still be like wearing a sign asking for a grisly death.

Here's a kicker, the Backpack 50s are doubly illegal, cuz they're they're the same thing as the skateboard ones without the skateboard, which is actually the receiver, most of the "packers" use a homebrew reciever consisting of a drilled cinder-block, just as deadly if you get hit, but if not now a bunch ATF guys come in and would be able to give him all kinds of good pointers on urban combat scenarios with women and children present.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 8:19:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Ha, Ha. Skateboards. See, it is all a joke to you. All I can say is be glad I'm there when you are at the mall, my friend. And by the way, the base salary where I work is $26,000. I now make $30,000 after 2 years. I work for a highly respected elite security force called Grey Wolf Security.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 8:25:20 PM EDT
[#40]
OHMAGOD!!!! Its HIM, its HIM, its really HIM, its Gary Coleman!
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 8:27:58 PM EDT
[#41]
specialforces, when are you gonna let us in on who you are (what your normal handle is)? you're doing a pretty good wannabe but when you go up against gecko your going up against the best.

PS. I've got a picture of a grey wolf on one of my old 762x39 boxes, I'm going to ask my mom if I could cut it out if she can sew it on my jacket for me like a patch, I want to be a part of the elite!

su ot gnoleb era esab rouy lla

Link Posted: 2/28/2001 8:33:34 PM EDT
[#42]
I don't claim to be better than Gecko. I am sure that he is a highly trained individual. I can only relate what I go through on a daily basis. I just didn't think it was funny when some computer commandos started making fun of our profession. I work for the people but have to take crap from the same people I protect.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 8:43:37 PM EDT
[#43]
I Laughed So Hard I Think I Torn The Mesh In My Stomach From My Transplant Damn This Really Hurts!!!!
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 8:54:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Yep, I once was a security officer at a private university.  Dam dangrous job, one time I had to write a university traffic ticket to an irate drunk college kid.  dam scary stuff....wanted to pack my AR but the boss just didn't understaind the need.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 8:56:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Can I be a mall ninja ? I got a gun n stuff. I'll buy my own bullit proof jump suit and I'll even work for free until I learn the way of the urban retail tactical response operator [AB]
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 8:57:08 PM EDT
[#46]
The tabi boots were ordered specially by my old sensei. He said the size 12 would not be found just anywhere, they are from Japan. There are places that sell vinyl/nylon split toe boots here, but they do not have any wall climbing spikes. The spikes on mine are look like iron, and are connected securely to a thick strap around the ankle. The strap is riveted on the outer side of the boot, keeping the spikes high on the inside of my ankle. They are not jokes or souveniers, they are real tactical equipment, and cost quite a bit. I am insulted by your continous makeing fun of me, and I hope that when you need a serious tactical or assault questions answered, you all who were makeing fun of me will not ask me, because I will not tell you. I am tired of not being taken seriously by other people, and you are no better than the rest.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:03:19 PM EDT
[#47]
I bet the maintenance workers get PO'ed when you dig those things into the plaster.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:08:16 PM EDT
[#48]
I bet he's got the belt buckle with the pop-off ninja throwing stars, the wrist strap with the 3 ninja throwing spikes, and that super top secret pen gun (Stinger) that all the bond wannabes bought a few years ago.

Jake
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:08:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Thank YOU! Gecko, I have looked for those exact same boots with no luck. We are limited to combat/jungle boots which I picked up at the army surplus store in almost new condition. We do wear black BDU's issued by the company, though. I too have wondered about better body armor to wear as it is getting crazy where I live. I have been shot before and probably will be shot at again. I only pray that my extensive training in firearms will be instinctive the next time gunfire ensues. I plan on having the upper hand next time.    
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:10:22 PM EDT
[#50]
SF, don't forget your trauma plates so you can take rounds while your partner returns fire.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top