BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2001 9:04:50 AM EDT
The AIR CAR

[url]http://www.theaircar.com[/url]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 9:07:03 AM EDT
[#1]
The MDI engine has incorporated various innovative and inedited systems, not only the basic idea (energy in the form of compressed air), but the materials it uses (glass fibre body or the use of edible oils) and the technical design. With reference to the design, there is another innovative factor, the system of articulated conrods that allows the piston to stop when it reaches the end of its cycle, allowing a constant volume expansion. As a matter of fact, this system can be adapted to a conventional petrol engine.

A BIT OF PHYSICS

Link Posted: 10/10/2001 9:07:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow! I wonder if it comes with a built-in iMac???

Ian
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 9:07:34 AM EDT
[#3]
The compression of a gas causes the rise in its temperature (hot air). The expansion of a gas causes a fall in temperature (cold air). This is the basic principle that allows the MDI car to run.

PATENT ON "ARTICULATED CONROD SYSTEM"
MDI has brought forth a patent that allows the piston, thanks to the articulated conrod system, to become immobilized at the end of the compression for enough time as to create a constant volume chamber inside the cylinder.

THE CYCLE OF THE MDI ENGINE
- A -  FCOMPRESSION PHASE:
In the engine, the atmospheric air is compressed at 20 bars through the piston and is transformed into hot air 400 ºC.
- B -  AIR INJECTION PHASE
As soon as the piston stops, room temperature compressed air (from the air tanks) is injected into the tank containing hot air.
- C -  EXPANSION PHASE
The air injection causes a rise in pressure, which pushes the piston and activates the engine
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 9:11:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Dang, Satcong.  I figured with your love for
lyrics you'd break into:

"A gleaming alloy air car shoots towards me
2 (or was it 3) lanes wide.

I spin around with shrieking tires
to run the deadly race.

Go screaming through the valley as
another joins the chase.

Wind. In my hair..."
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 9:11:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 9:22:48 AM EDT
[#6]
LOL[:D]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 9:51:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Dang, Satcong.  I figured with your love for
lyrics you'd break into:

"A gleaming alloy air car shoots towards me
2 (or was it 3) lanes wide.

I spin around with shrieking tires
to run the deadly race.

Go screaming through the valley as
another joins the chase.

Wind. In my hair..."
View Quote

Gotta love RUSH. Even if they are canadians  [;)].

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 10:00:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Highway song
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top