Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2001 8:31:20 AM EDT
I was driving home(Oklahoma) yesterday from a weeks vaction with family in El Paso, TX. While I was in the middle of now where about dusk time I started to think what would I do if  I saw a "SUNRISE" in the south east of my position. I was in the pan handle and I was wondering if I would be able see a light in the horizen if someone NUKED say Dallas. and if it was to happen what would I do. would i continue to home(probably not) go bake to El Paso(never make it) or what It just kinda threw me for a loop. Terrorism at its best I guess. Im not really scared of dying but it would hurt me if my child had to suffer. Also I dont want to die I just know that if your time is up all you can do is your best to cheat it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 8:35:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I like the term "go bake to ElPaso" Thats probably what would happen.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 8:40:33 AM EDT
[#2]
bake. back. After a nuke it would all be the same...

P.S. I'm a BoneHead.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 9:01:40 AM EDT
[#3]
If you want to know 'how far can you see a manmade sunrise?' pretty damn far in the flatlands.  
If you want to know can you outrun the shock wave?  Not a chance if it is going to hit you it will wack you hard and fast.
Now having scared the pee water out of you, unless you are close to ground zero, the blast point, chances are good you can survive a simple, single explosion.  The more common, transportable nukes are relativily small, compared to the ICBM type, unless it is an air burst the blast will be contained and muffled by the buildings of the city, did I mention avoid big cities?, you should be able to get away from most of the fallout, work your way upwind by getting cross wind from the blast.  Most winds in USA blow W-E so go N or S whichever is closer to get away, then head for a remote area and wait for civilization to rebuild.  
This should put most of your dreams on the fast track.
TRW
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top