Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2001 6:11:53 AM EDT
I was worried about spending my money in a business that supported a cause that I was opposed to. I sat down and starting making a list of the places that are Anti-Gun, Pro-Abortion, Pro-Gay, Anti-Christian, Anti-God, Anti-Multiracial, Anti-black, Anti-White, Anti-Native American, Anti-Asian, or Anti-Hispanic. Then I started marking them off my list of places to do business with. All I got left now is Budz Grocery on the corner of 5th & Elm. Now what's really scary is that yesterday I heard Bud saying something about the Damned Mexicans.

Well hell, guess I'll start growing my own food and making my own clothes now. Yikes!!! Anybody see my Martha Stewart book? Oh man, I can't use that either!!!

I give up...
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:25:08 AM EDT
[#1]
That's the truth.  But no reason to give up.  You could let the companies and organizations you want to deal with know how you feel.  It worked in the Great AR15.com Scolding of Lowe's.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:42:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Concentrate your boycott where it matters most. For me, I won't buy S&W or ruger. I've heard bad things about colt, but since I'm not in the market for their guns, I haven't looked into it.

For the others, there are alternatives. You don't need to buy levi's, but you can buy a competing brand (I get sonoma's). Then send a photocopy of your receipt to levi's with a brief letter on why you don't buy their jeans.
Repeat as necessary.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 8:00:59 AM EDT
[#3]
You might want to consider giving S&W a second chance.  Remember when Harley-Davidson was owned by AMF (shudder)?  Anyhow, S&W has been bought by a company that is at least talking the talk.

If you want to make sure that they walk the walk, do what I did.  I bought 6,000 shares of stock in the parent company.

As for jeans, buy Wrangler.  They're better jeans and the company isn't run by psychotic liberals.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 1:22:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Hell, I can't even watch TV anymore with all those anti-gun guys on there. I've got to stop using the internet too cause it was invented by Gore [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top