Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2001 12:21:08 AM EDT
You all buying thousands of rounds of ammo and pounds of smokless powder better be careful.

[url]www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-ap-weapons-found1006oct06.story?coll=sns%2Dap%2Dnation%2Dheadlines[/url]

Bombs, Ammunition Found in Illinois

By Associated Press

October 6, 2001, 7:20 AM EDT

PITTSFIELD, Ill. -- Authorities found a cache of bombs and more than 12,000 rounds of ammunition they believe belonged to a survivalist group. They arrested one man and were seeking another.

Also found inside five campers parked in a rural area of western Illinois were bomb-making instruction manuals, black powder, electronic arming devices and a small amount of ammonium nitrate.

Sheriff Paul Petty said investigators found maps with marks on certain areas. Petty would not say which areas were marked, but said investigators do not suspect the group, which calls itself the United Survivalists of America, had plans to attack or bomb anything.

"We believe the site was their compound, or gathering point. We think they were using this property as a command center."

Petty said investigators believe the group was small and had been unsuccessful in getting others to join.

Petty said the man arrested in Pike County was charged with unlawful use of a weapon. He remained in jail Thursday after being ordered held on $50,000 bail, Petty said. He would not identify the suspect

"We don't want any of his associates to hear about this before we have the opportunity to locate them," he said.
Copyright © 2001, The Associated Press
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:58:45 AM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www.earthliberationfront.com/[/url]

As usual..........
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:01:31 AM EDT
[#2]
......"reactionaries" are targeted
while "radicals", the pre-existing
threat, are left alone to continue
their destruction.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:02:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, God forbid they arrest any patriotic bomb makers.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 8:22:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Note to self: Don't fiddle with bomb making componants.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 8:24:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Learn to "hide in plain sight". Don't advertize the fact that you have a stockpile, don't mention it in casual conversation, don't show it off.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 8:29:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yes, God forbid they arrest any patriotic bomb makers.
View Quote

When they outlaw C4, only outlaws will have C4!
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 8:29:36 AM EDT
[#7]
My deer camp  (where we have fertliizer and other stuff for maintaining LEGAL food plots,cooking area with staple food items, FRS radios, a sight-in range, and some beater 8MM backup guns) just became a compound for the UNITED MILITIA FOR THE SLAUGHTER OF AMERICAN deer.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 8:50:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 9:06:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Any gun owners with a kitchen and a garage are suspect if they get bored. What BS!
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 9:12:27 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm trying to find out what they found in this cache was actually illegal??

1. Lots of ammuntion...We all at AR15.com have lots of ammunition...What, by law, is the maximum amount of ammunition that we can have?
2. Bomb making manuals...I was issued manuals for making booby traps and bombs when serving in Vietnam. Part of your SERE stuff.
3. Maps...I have topographical maps of areas in Washington, Montana, California and Louisiana. I used them for hiking and exploring. Hell, I even put marks on some of them.
4. Electronic Arming Device....I work in electronics. The use of timers that can activate days or longer down the road are common. If they had blasting caps, etc., then there might be a problem. By the way these timers are single shot, multi-shot, sequence or whatever you set them at.
5. Ammonium Nitrate....Did they have a garden?
6. Black Powder...Black Powder Guns?
7. Campers....Must be unlawful assembly for more than three campers in one spot.
8. Command and Control Center....Controlling what, Helicopter Gun Ship's, Commando Raids, Close Air Support and Food Drops.

$50,000 Bail.....They are in "Deep Shit"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top