Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2001 9:50:39 PM EDT
This is kind of personal.  I have a serious question I'd like your thoughts on...

I'm in my mid twenties.  I've been dating this girl for about three years.  She's my best friend.  She knows me better than anyone. Hardly ever complains, never hides anything from me, does all kinds of things for me.  Definately good looking, not a model, but very easy on the eyes.  Wants to get married, although she's not pushing me. Has stuck by me during my most bone-headed, dipshit stunts. I've dated a lot of other girls in the past and never found one as compatable with me (and that's hard).  

Problem is, I bored with her. I feel like an asshole for feeling like this, but I can't help what I feel. I'm seriously thinking about ending it.  Lately I seem to want to spend time with any other girl than her. When some cool event comes along I want to ask the girl at work or some of my friends rather than her.

This ever happen to you guys? What do you think I should do?

I'm serious here.

(Edited to correct typos)
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 9:52:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have any advice, but I wanted to chime in just to let you know it's normal. I completely understand what you mean.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 10:02:57 PM EDT
[#2]
You're afraid of marrying your "sister".  No wonder you feel like you do.
As soon as some other guy gets her interest and you get jealous, you may see her as the friend she has been and always could be.
You may be passing up a goldmine.
Try something kinky with her and see how you feel...maybe she's the wild one you want, plus the friend you need.
I hope so for your sake.
Good Luck, Man.
Wish I had your problem...
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 10:52:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Well buddy, you are the only one that knows the real answer.  However, I will tell you what my dad taught me and what I did.  My dad told me thaat marriage was a business arangement, that yoiu find someone who has the same basic values and goals as you do.  

I did that.  I wanted a good friend, a good mother to my children, and a good lover in bed.  Granted there was also physical attraction and I knew this girl since I was 12.  We lived together and have been together since we were 22 and I always cared for her.  Yet I can honestly say that [b]true love[/b] did not occur for me till about 7 years later.

We are now both 37 and things are going great. But one of the most important things I have learned is that I need activities and time away from her. By this I do not mean other women, just other interests.  She is the love of my life but not all of my life...understand?

And also on a side note, my wife and I disagree on little issues quite often...then again that may be what keeps it interesting,[:D]

What ever you do, be sure of it.  We can give you all the advice in the world but it will be you that pays the price.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 11:02:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Sometimes we don't know how good we have it until we loose it.  Only you can decide if she is the one to keep.  

All relationships will reach bordom after a period of time... some takes longer than others.  The secret is to do different things together occasionally to prevent bordom.  Doing different things can mean anything from skydiving for the first time together or renting a swanky hotel at a romatic location for a weekend.  Also, sex can become boring if you just do samething all the time.  Try doing it at different place (back of your car?) or try something you never done before.  Maybe get a video to watch together, what ever, just someting different.  Sex may not be the most important thing in the world but it is very important in a relationship.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top