Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2001 8:13:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 9:09:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Dang-it!  I just bought a CRKT M16 SRT folder a few months ago!

Which length is it?  I got the little one, if it's the big one, I guess I'll have to get another.

I'm not a knife guru, but I like my M16 alot, it's a good knife IMHO.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 9:40:54 PM EDT
[#2]
HKocher,
 I hate to have to break it to you, but you'll be reaching for your wallet again. This is the big one with the 3.94 inch blade.  Look at the bright side......all you need is one more to have the set! [:D]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 10:53:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Plus Christmas is coming![<|:d>] DonR and GB count me in for at least [b]another[/b] knife in addition to the one I'm already getting...simply amazing![beer]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 11:15:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm in for at least one!
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 1:07:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the M16 04 and it's a great knife. I'll take one of the AR15.com knives. I'd really like one in green if you go that color.
WSmac
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 3:50:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Where are these made?  Some CRKT stuff I have seen is Taiwan.  Just want to know ahead of time.

Thanks,

CS
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 4:06:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 5:10:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Even if they are made in Taiwan, they could still be of excellent quality and value. That’s where my girlfriend was born. [;)]

She strongly believes in and supports our second amendment (something which her country does not have), and is going to buy/pay for my “birthday gun” this year.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 5:15:28 AM EDT
[#9]
I have no doubt of that Tyler, infact everything I have seen made by CRKT seems to be of excellent quality.  The fit and finish of thier knives is awesome, I guess to me there are just certain things I like to buy domestic, like pickup trucks or a knife or a rifle.  

This is illogical sometimes but if something is gonna say AR15.com, or mention ther WTC disaster I can't imagine it also saying Taiwan.

Just my .02
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 5:33:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 5:46:19 AM EDT
[#11]
I understand your point CounterStrike. I was just trying to say that in my experience, the CRKT knives are of very good quality, regardless of where they are manufactured. I see that we agree upon that. [beer]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 5:51:14 AM EDT
[#12]
The dark green is very cool!!!!!!!!
I'd rather have it than a dark blue, besides that it will go with the green furniture on the 2002 LEGP. [8D][8D][8D]

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 5:57:40 AM EDT
[#13]
I am all for supporting companies that help us, but I`ve been warned off on buying a CRKT by more than a few folks. Folks that own one.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:09:14 AM EDT
[#14]
One of the reasons we decided to go with the CRKT knives was the unbelievable generousity and genuine desire to help make a difference shown to us by Rod Bremer, one of the owners of CRKT.  All it took was one phone call for me to realize that he was a perfect example of the Ameican spirit of pitching in and doing what he could for the folks affected by this tragedy. Folks like this will always earn my business.

As to Rich314's comments, understandably, there will always be folks who are dissatisfied with a product. I had a lot of folks who know knives far better than me tell me what a great knife CRKT makes, and these are folks who own them also.

For myself personally, in this case I don't give a particular damn where the blade was made. What's important to me is the fact that our five heroes are getting a special knife presented to them compliments of CRKT, and that our members have the chance to get a good deal on a quality knife and see to it that the folks in NYC recieve the proceeds. Just my opinion, and I could be wrong.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:42:01 AM EDT
[#15]
I am up for one.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 9:28:48 AM EDT
[#16]
What type of opening system is it?  I'm really partial to assisted opening knives like my Kershaw.  I'll probably buy at least one, but if it's an assisted opener, I'll take a couple.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 9:50:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 11:22:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Sounds good.  My like for the assisted open knives is because they are extremely easy to open one handed, and wouldn't be useless in an emergency where you may have lost the use of one of your hands.  This is a great cause, and I'm definitely going to pick up at least one.  I'll probably get at least two more for christmas gifts if I can scrounge the cash.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 11:39:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I am all for supporting companies that help us, but I`ve been warned off on buying a CRKT by more than a few folks. Folks that own one.
View Quote

I own several and quite frankly, I like them far better than my Benchmade. Same feel, quality is every bit as good IMO and I didnt have to go without beer or food to own them. My brother is good friends with with one of the custom designers that does designs for CRKT, and I can assure you that this man would not allow himself to be associated with a company that made less than top quality knives. Im in for one at least, and maybe a couple more. Thanks to DonR, GB and CRKT for a great deal for an even greater cause.
Pit
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 2:26:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Viper, I agree on the quality of CRKT.  My next step is to figure out how to get the next smaller one for [i]formal[/i] occassions. [;)]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#21]
I have a CRKT Stiff KISS knife that is strapped to my bullet-proof vest (OH CRAP! Last Resort weapon)...it's stamped Taiwan in very small print on the blade, [b]So What!!![/b] I trust it enough to carry with me on daily patrol.

Keep up the great work DonR and GB!
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:15:43 PM EDT
[#22]
I've probably sold over a dozen CRKT's and have never had a complaint. I still have around 15 or so in my inventory.

Suffice it to say...You can count me in on this!!!

Hey Don,
Next month when I'm in Texas I'll show you mine if you show me yours....Knives that is. [;)]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:52:21 PM EDT
[#23]
WTH I`ll give it a try, it`s a good price and a good idea. Far be it from me to pee on a parade. I`ll order one.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:24:49 PM EDT
[#24]
My knives as well as those of my wife are made by two companies and two companies only:  Spyderco and CRKT.

I will pay a premium for a knife..............Spyderco knives are great but CRKT is an excellent buy and a keck of a knife.

My lastest is the 1* MIL-OD M16-14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top