Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2001 7:30:17 PM EDT
Okay...to make this as short as I can:

I called my brother Sat. and asked him if he wanted to go shooting. (He has well over 20 guns)...He says that sounds like fun and would be at our farm to go.  Well, he shows up...WITHOUT ANY FIREARMS OR AMMO!

Okay...so when someone asks you to go shooting...do you take firearms?  

I am not really mad about it..heck I will let anyone shoot my firearms (and he did)...I think it is sorta' funny...but just had to share this with everyone.

medcop

[stick] bad brother...bad!...hehe
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:38:55 PM EDT
[#1]
If my Brother were still alive and pulled something like that, I'd kill him!!!
Nah, just kidding.

I wish my Brother were still alive so we COULD go shooting.  I miss him.
Tell your Brother what you told us.  While he's still around...you know?

I'm glad you still have your Brother, medcop.
(maybe you could shake some ammo money out of his pockets by hanging him upside down...)
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:39:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Dude,

Your brother sounds like the kind of guy who  expects to use his partner's sex organ(s) when the partner says, "let's get it on".  The least he could do is bring a dildo.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:40:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:44:19 PM EDT
[#4]
LOL!  Good one.

When I get asked to go shooting I feel it's my duty to bring enough firearms and ammo to make sure everyone has one, just in case.  Besides, I like variety. [:D]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 8:01:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Whenever I am asked I always ask them if there are any of my toys that they would like to shoot. [:D][:D][:D]

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 8:58:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I let him shoot everything i had with me. However, I had to give him a hard time about it.  We went back to his house after we were done...I walked over to his gun cabinet and looked inside and acted sorta' puzzled and started laughing really hard...I think it will now become a family joke...and I don't think he will ever do it again and risk be harrased about it...

Oh, and I did have plenty of firearms for us to shoot  AR-15, Two 1911's, Two 38's J and K frame, Ruger MKII, and a 50 cal. black powder.

Oh well, we still had fun!

medcop
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 1:23:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 3:09:01 AM EDT
[#8]
what does: Hey let's go shooting mean to you?
View Quote

Load a minimum of six firearms in two cases, 1,00-1,500 rounds, targets, target stands, box with stapler, various spare parts, tools, hearing protection and cleaning supplies, spotting scope and tripod, spray paint for shilouete targets, shooting mat, chrongraph and cooler with lunch; drive 70 miles to the range gate, open gate, drive through, relock the gate, drive to the next gate, open gate, drive through, relock gate.

Now I'm at the range: unload everything, set-up targets and talk to whoever else is there.  Shoot some, talk some more, repeat for four to six hours, reverse above procedure.

Back at home: dump fired brass in tumbler, disassemble guns and begin cleaning process, wash 22 pounds of dust or mud (depending upon recent weather) from SUV and, finally, walk into house, get dagger look from spouse and realize sex is out of the question tonight.  

Whew!  I didn't realize shooting was so much work.

Eddie
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 3:43:05 AM EDT
[#9]
How about when you show up with your shooting jacket, CMP rifle, 200 rounds of match ammo, spotting scope and 300 yd bull only to discover your "friend" brought a box of .22's and some cans!

AAAAARRRRGGHHHHH![>Q]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top