Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2001 6:27:04 PM EDT
Does anyone own a Kimber Ultra CDP?  If so is it based on a Colt Officers frame or is it smaller in size?  Thanks,Ed
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 6:49:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I own an early version of the Kimber CDP. This size Kimber has a 4inch barrel whereas a colt officers or commander has a 4.25 barrel. As far as frame size, i think kimber offers both a full length grip (accepts 8rd mags)  or a short grip (like a 6 or 7rd mag), both in the CDP. The alloy frame is lite and nice. I kinda wish i had gone with a steel frame as hollow points kinda gouge the feedramp after a few thousand rounds. The 4" barrel and fullsize grip is a terrific combo on my gun. I've been having fun with it at local IDPA shoots. It would also make a good carry gun. Some people have had bad luck with Kimber, but you can get a lemon with any 1911. Happy shooting.
-Staying alive with my .45
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 6:58:50 PM EDT
[#2]
i love my colts and kimbers.

check them out at kimberamerica.com

Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:18:17 PM EDT
[#3]
"The Ultra CDP? is based on the Stainless Ultra Carry and includes CDP features like carry melt treatment for rounded and blended corners, Meprolight Tritium three dot (green) night sights, 30 LPI checkered front strap, extended ambidextrous thumb safety, match grade Premium Aluminum Trigger, hand-checkered double diamond rosewood grips and special Custom Shop markings. Barrel length is 3 inches and weight is just 25 ounces."

[url]http://128.242.57.30/CDP_Series.htm[/url]

[img]http://imagep.webphotos.iwon.com//1000016957/1000016957_1092001110701PM0.4241144.jpg[/img]

Can't go wrong with a Kimber.

Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:47:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I picked up my new Kimber Ultra CDP about a week ago, and I love it.  Small, lightweight, and it fires bigass bullets!  It was expensive, but worth it as far as I'm concerned.  Shoots perfectly, no jams, no failures of any kind.

SeMPer Fi

(Edited to add:  I believe it's slightly smaller than a Colt Officer's Model.  I think they have the same size frame, but the Kimber has a 3" barrel, where I think the Officer's has a 3 1/2" barrel.)
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 4:24:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks everyone! Is the ultra CDP smaller than a Clot Officers model?
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 4:36:09 AM EDT
[#6]
A lot smaller.  I'm pissed 'cause I bought a Glock 27 about two years ago as my CCW and now I drool every time I see the Ultra CDP- it's much more comfortable to carry than the Glock (and it's small).
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 5:35:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Eddie,

I have the Ultra CDP, and love the gun. If you have not purchased the gun yet, I can save you about $200.

[b]David Avery[/b](Dentist) is an FFL in Texas. He sells guns on the side. He has advertised in GUN LIST magazine for years. I have purchased several guns from him...shipped to my FFL. He sells Walthers and Kimbers at dealer cost! I suppose this side business is a tax write-off to his dentistry practice.

I purchased my Kimber Ultra CDP last month from him for $865 NIB. A local Kimber dealer told me this is within a few dollars of master dealer cost! He could not match the doctor's price. When you call him, his office staff will greet you with "Dr. Avery's office?" They will take good care of you. I highly recommend him.

David Avery DDS (972)542-4416

Regards,
Robert
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:07:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Eddie, I've got an Ultra CDP and couldn't be happier with it.  It's light, very easy to conceal, reliable and accurate. I think you would be happy with one.

I'll second jetflyer's recommendation of Doc Avery. I've bought several things from him and have always been treated fairly.

Another good guy to deal with is Jeff Schramm. Jeff is also in Dallas and usually has the lowest prices around.  His number is 972-222-0993. Mention you heard about him here.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:56:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top