Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2001 2:40:57 PM EDT
you guys are all "they'll show up at your doorstep!!" so what? let em'!

if a cop came to my door i'd invite him in.

i'm gonna have to use the "p" word.... paranoid.

not everyone is out to get you. they've got there own problems. they're aren't many cops where i live anyway. everybody know's the laws, they obey the important ones most of the time and the fit does not hit the shan.

really, fellas you gotta come out of your bunkers and do like my dog does, lay on the driveway in the sunshine.

now the story. me and some friends, were walking around town at 1 am ish. and we saw some cops in their cars parked together. we decide to walk over and talk to them.

my friends were worried we'ed get arrested for just talking to them, but i say "let's go" so we go. we walk over and strike up a conversaation, and well if they weren't the nicewst guys i've met in a while. they asked us about some recent vandilism, we denied all know ledge, cause we really didn't know, if i'd known, i would of said something cause that's the kind of guy i am. one of em is driving the new chev impala cop cars. i ask if i can get in the back to see how it is. he says "sure" me and two other guys are in the car. the rest are in the other car (crown vic) and we ask to go for a ride. again "sure" . he pulls out onto the street and i ask him if he can drive fast with sirens and stuff on. remember, it's gettting close to 1:30 am by now. he says no. i say "can you just drive fast???" he says"welllll....." and we pull to a stoplight. he pins er off the line, and winds it to 140kph in a 60kph zone. he gives us a cell and we take turns calling home:

hey mom, guess where i am?? no it's ok , iwasn't arrested. really. you wanna talk to the cop??? ok here he is. cop denies us being arrested, says we're just going for a ride.

the guys in the other car got drivethrouhg in the cop car. they didn't have a car before and the walkin part of the resturant was closed, the store wouln't let em walk thought the drive through saying "you kids get a car!!"

needless to say the employees were surprised when the boys came back swaying "i told you we'ed get a car!!!!" they got the food without incident.

that's my story.

OffRoad
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 2:47:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
...my friends were worried we'ed get arrested for just talking to them,...
OffRoad
View Quote

Damn, you're lucky, around my parts, you get arrested for simply looking in the general direction of a police officer...[;)]

What were you saying about paranoid?
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 2:49:31 PM EDT
[#2]
My nextdoor neighbor is a LEO, and we get along just fine.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 2:52:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 2:55:42 PM EDT
[#4]
police are just like normal people.

but i don't talk to strangers and i don't invite 'em in my house when they knock on the door.

when strangers talk to me as i'm walking down the street, i generally ignore them beyond answering Q's like, "What time is it?"  beyond that they are usually wack jobs.

heh heh, funny story about calling your mom though.  reminds me of that song, "Hey mom, I'm in Jail.  I like it here."

scott out
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 2:56:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 2:57:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Well one of the guys I shoot with regularly is a LEO. My best friend is a new LEO and my wifes best friends husband is a LEO and I get along with him. If you treat them like people they will most likely do the same. Until they get the order to F*CK you up, then they will.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top