Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2001 1:49:52 PM EDT
How long would you wait before you drop a deadbeat buyer, and move to the next buyer?

I've needed some extra cash lately, so I sold several extra items on this board and others.  I had very good results with the buyers off of AR15.com.

However, a member of a different board (that I rarely frequent anymore) has kept me waiting for about two weeks for funds.  I have two other potential buyers, should I give the guy more time?  I already emailed him over a week ago, saying "contact me as soon as you send the funds", so he should know I'm getting impatient.

The guy even lives in the same state as me...
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 1:57:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 1:57:18 PM EDT
[#2]
2 weeks should be sufficient time to respond and send funds.  

When I'm serious about buying something, I make it a point to send funds the [b]very next day[/b].  It’s common courtesy.

Maybe send an email and say respond immediately and call my phone # or leave yours, or this sale will be void.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 2:00:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Dang crawfishers!

I email 'em requesting status and notify them they have to reply within 4 hours or call - then it's back up for sale. Haven't had a problem with AR15.comers, I must say, but I don't sell a lot of stuff like some others.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 2:27:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm giving him one more day, and then I'm dumping him and going to the second guy that emailed me.

Link Posted: 10/9/2001 2:37:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Move on dawg...
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 3:01:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 6:06:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:06:25 PM EDT
[#8]
well I sell quite abit of surplus on here and fal files during the summer and spring and belief it or not I get on the average of %10 of the buyers never send in the money.
I started on the ads to say funds must be recieved with in 10 days of close of deal.
I do understand things come up but if someone changes their mind or finds out they just can't swing it or may have to wait to send it just have the guts to say it.
most folks that sell alot of items on these boards pass on some good deals and do not deserve to shafted like that.
I have even had a few folks say funds shipped and then they never were and then have the balls to try and reorder the same items 3 weeks later only to do the same thing.
its just part of doing bussiness I guess. jon
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:18:26 PM EDT
[#9]
7 to 10 days

Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:30:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh dude...

ALL THE DAMN TIME!
I sell often on the net. Gunsamerica has to be the worst.

"Hello! I'm interested in your gun? How much will shipping be to (area code)"

You reply, and that's all you ever hear from them... I've had luck with AR15.com too- pretty good about paying for what they agree to buy.

I had one guy not a week ago agree to buy a two thousand dollar piece of hardware (Gunsamerica)- talked to him on the phone- then he decided to back out once he found out a feature wasn't to his liking... Of course, he did his research after he agreed to buy.
Asshole.

Anyway, I give 2 days to settle the transaction, and 10 days to recieve payment or goods in the case of a trade.  After that, if they don't pay, I remind everyone on the board that they are a loser. Pure and simple.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top