Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2001 9:56:10 AM EDT
My 31/2 year old daughter was admitted in the hospital over the weekend with severe dehydration vomiting and diarrhea. She is home now but is weak and tired.
Starting last night I started to feel bad and today in the morning I puked my brains out. I can not drink or eat anything.
At work I found out that I'm not the only one having this kind of problem.
Is there any type of stomach flu or virus that is roaming free?. The doctors have no idea and don't prescribe any type of medication.
In the hospital (Desert Sam) there a lot of people with kidneys infection...
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 9:58:15 AM EDT
[#1]
It's happening everywhere I know of, my work, friends, kids at my daughter's school. I blame it on the drastic seasonal changes here in New England. Quite usual for this time of year.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 11:08:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 11:18:50 AM EDT
[#3]
My wife had the same thing 2 weeks ago.  She was horribly sick.  Went to the doc and all better now.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 11:38:18 AM EDT
[#4]
It started here about three weeks ago. I guess it's moving east.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 11:39:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Gee, I hope I don't catch this virus from the PC.  Does AR15.com scan these posts to ensure that the site does not facilitate the spread of disease?

Just joking.

On a more serious note, it is just that time of the year.  I have a large family and these flu's reak havok at least one or two times a year in my household.  Rest and fluids (non-alcoholic, of course) usually do the trick.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 11:43:23 AM EDT
[#6]
If you're using your heat, you might want to have your furnace checked.  Could be low levels of carbon monixide.  This would affect your daughter first, as she is only a baby.

-Chimborazo

Edited because I noticed you are in AZ, and are probably not using your heat (I think).  Also, diarrhea would not be consistant with CO poisoning (again, I think).

Regardless, [b]check your furnaces people!![/b]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top