Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2001 9:48:07 AM EDT
[url]http://www.comebackalive.com/df/guns.htm[/url]

On handguns:
"Most people miss when they use handguns as a defensive weapon and hit people when they use them as offensive weapons. Consistent training, long barrel length and small caliber play a big part in attaining accuracy."

The main page;
[url]http://www.comebackalive.com[/url]
Click on the on line version (upper left corner).

This guy Pelton is a fun read.  Writes about his time in the French Foreign Legion.  He will have a special on The Travel Channel this weekend about his travels with the Taliban militia and the Norther Alliance.  Also FWIW MSNBC will have a National Geographic special on Afganistan Friday night.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 10:53:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
"Most people miss when they use handguns as a defensive weapon and hit people when they use them as offensive weapons.
View Quote

Maybe the real answer os to go on the offensive if you ever need to be defensive.  ??

Oh, you know what I mean.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 10:55:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I generally like Pelton and his cohorts.  Pretty crazy dudes, and pretty objective writers and thinkers.

Edited to say I didn't like that anti type bullshit he had at the beginning.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 11:06:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Most people miss when they use handguns as a defensive weapon and hit people when they use them as offensive weapons.
View Quote

Maybe the real answer os to go on the offensive if you ever need to be defensive.  ??

Oh, you know what I mean.
View Quote

Norm_G,
I think you're right.  I've tried to imagine myself using a side arm defensively.  In most cases I can think of it would be a spur of the moment, last ditch effort.  After all if you had time you'd get to a rifle or shotgun.  So I can see that between the shock, fear, and adrenelin it would be easy to miss.

So I'm sure you're right.  Get past the shock and fear and get mad.  Use the anger and fight back to the best of your abilities.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 11:32:59 AM EDT
[#4]
"You should know what guns can and cannot do. But you should never carry or use one in a war zone."

I have a couple brothers-in-law in the military (cool guys), and I will pass this info along to them.  I want to keep them safe.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 12:26:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
"You should know what guns can and cannot do. But you should never carry or use one in a war zone."

I have a couple brothers-in-law in the military (cool guys), and I will pass this info along to them.  I want to keep them safe.
View Quote

I could be wrong but I think he's writing from the point of view of a journalist.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 8:18:06 PM EDT
[#6]
BTT
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 10:47:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I could be wrong but I think he's writing from the point of view of a journalist.
View Quote

Ya he doesn't clarify that though, so I thought it was a funny quote.  A blanket statement to never use a gun in a war zone hehe.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top