Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2001 8:33:18 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 8:35:08 AM EDT
[#1]
try [url]http://www.dixiegunworks.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/dgw/homepage.html?E+dgw[/url]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 8:42:20 AM EDT
[#2]
[url]www.muzzleloader.com[/url] is a good starting point, they have links to a bunch of manufacturers and reviews. If you really want to keep it flintlock make sure you wear safety glasses ALL THE TIME you'll get a buncha shit in your eyes. I have an adaptor on mine lets you use small-rifle primers might not be historically correct but 100% ignition everytime and no delays, just check the state legality of something like that if you want to use it for primitive season.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 8:59:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Look for a "Traditions" Pennsylvania rifle in .50 cal. flint lock. They run between $350.00 to $400.00 depending on where you by them.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 9:10:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I got a Traditions flintlock from Cabelas.  It's fun to shoot, but a pain to clean!  Thus I don't shoot it much.  Shot in a BP match a few months ago... did pretty good!

I had to bore out the touch hole liner, as I was getting frequent misfires.  After boring it out, the sucker goes BANG every time.  

Once got a .5 inch group at 50 yards with it....

Get you a synth ramrod, don't use the one that's in the stock!

Link Posted: 10/9/2001 9:11:21 AM EDT
[#5]
If you want some REAL fun, contact the Blacksmith/Gunsmith guys at Colonial Williamsburg. They have all of the info needed to "roll your own". The tools needed can be made with decent woodworking and blacksmithing skills, and the forge/anvil are the only truly expensive parts. The ref to Muzzleloader.com is great, as you can get a lot of this info there.
The barrel machine (lathe) is great- and simple!
Foging the lock is a bit tricky, but fun!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top