Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2007 5:51:37 AM EDT
The thread about rento to own rims got me thinking. Would anybody here rent to own a gun?

What if it could be something full auto?

Who doesn't want to build an ammo fort to make TAXMAN jealous?

Link Posted: 6/20/2007 6:04:26 AM EDT
[#1]
1 person out of 11 thinks this is a crazy idea.

Some much for all the people shitting on the rent to roll wheel places. Were just as bad.

Now where do I sign for my M16 and 10k rounds of 5.56?
Link Posted: 6/20/2007 6:19:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I went with
Link Posted: 6/20/2007 6:21:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmmm.  I sure wouldn't want to be the guy trying to repo somebody's guns because he didn't make his payments.  
Link Posted: 6/20/2007 6:21:59 AM EDT
[#4]
i voted pie.    

ammo would be nice though
Link Posted: 6/20/2007 6:22:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Screw "Rent To Own"...  simply make it "RENT"

Imagine a FFL SOT with the abuility to make post samples...  You open up a shop with a good location and you allow military, police, and civilians the opportunity to come to the shop and receive training and shoot weapons that they would likely never be able to see or use otherwise.

One of these days I am going to do something like this...  I just make too good of a living doing what I do to walk away!
Link Posted: 6/20/2007 6:23:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Rent to own wouldnt have been such a bad idea with many class III items. An m16 or mp5 would have run you 8K 6 years ago... I am not so sure that rims are going to increase in value.
Link Posted: 6/20/2007 2:14:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/20/2007 2:17:42 PM EDT
[#8]
It's stupid enough to buy household shit from a Rent to Own place, so why would I buy guns there?
Link Posted: 6/20/2007 2:18:29 PM EDT
[#9]
So it looks like 50% of ARFCOM (maybe a little less) would do it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2007 2:20:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It's stupid enough to buy household shit from a Rent to Own place, so why would I buy guns there?

The main reason I did this poll was due to all the criticism people were giving people about renting rims for their cars. It is only a matter of what appeals to you. They like rims we like guns.
Link Posted: 6/20/2007 2:22:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The main reason I did this poll was due to all the criticism people were giving people about renting rims for their cars. It is only a matter of what appeals to you. They like rims we like guns.
I see.  I just wouldn't buy anything from a R-T-O place.  They don't even provide lube when you get reamed.
Link Posted: 6/20/2007 2:26:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
They don't even provide lube when you get reamed.

Sure they do, you just need to get it added to the payment!
Link Posted: 6/20/2007 3:16:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I thought that's what buying guns and ammo on credit cards was all about.
Link Posted: 6/20/2007 3:19:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I thought that's what buying guns and ammo on credit cards was all about.

pretty much

want a M16?
what do you think those little checks attached to your CC statment are for ?
Link Posted: 6/20/2007 3:22:45 PM EDT
[#15]
FREE throw down gun wit every purchase!

ILL TAKE 2!!

They will go well with my rented wheels!

oh wait got a call coming in .. < checks caller ID >   naw its ok man.. its just a bill collector ..  

Link Posted: 6/20/2007 3:22:50 PM EDT
[#16]
I put guns on lay-away all the time, so I probably would, it would be nice to take it home after the first payment.
Link Posted: 6/20/2007 3:24:54 PM EDT
[#17]
In states that allow MG's it could be legal for civilians to own post '86 guns.

The whole NFA thing deals with interstate transport.  So if there is a state law proposed where State residents are allowed to own post '86 MG's if the resident pays the "State ATF" a tax then as long as the guns aren't taken outside of the state they would be legal.  The state would have to maintain their own database and would probably make FFL's within the state apply for a State SOT as well.

All it would take is one state to use the State-NFA-item tax to boost monetary support for schools, roads, whatever and the state would se a sizable influx of new residents and a lot more money.  The MG world would also be changed up quite a bit.

Think of how nice it would be to go to the gunshop and buy a Lightning Link or RDIAS for a couple hundred rather than a few thousand.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top