Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2007 7:16:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 7:49:10 PM EDT
[#1]

But gun-control advocates say society is safer with fewer armed citizens, not more. Senior citizens are no more at risk of being attacked than any other demographic group, said Toby Hoover, executive director of the Ohio Coalition Against Gun Violence.

Also, despite the vulnerability older people might feel, there is a "code" among criminals against attacking women, children and the elderly, said Lt. Reginald Eakins, who's in charge of the division of the Cuyahoga County Sheriff's Office that issues concealed-carry licenses.

"I personally don't think that criminals target senior citizens, but I do think senior citizens are better targets -- for obvious reasons," Eakins said. "Even criminals tend to frown on other criminals targeting the elderly."

Honour Among Thieves, indeed....
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 7:51:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

But gun-control advocates say society is safer with fewer armed citizens, not more. Senior citizens are no more at risk of being attacked than any other demographic group, said Toby Hoover, executive director of the Ohio Coalition Against Gun Violence.

Also, despite the vulnerability older people might feel, there is a "code" among criminals against attacking women, children and the elderly, said Lt. Reginald Eakins, who's in charge of the division of the Cuyahoga County Sheriff's Office that issues concealed-carry licenses.

"I personally don't think that criminals target senior citizens, but I do think senior citizens are better targets -- for obvious reasons," Eakins said. "Even criminals tend to frown on other criminals targeting the elderly."

What he said was criminal.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 7:59:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Fuck Cleveland in its dead and bloated, Snow belt, lakefront effect, shithole of a face. The only thing worth a damn you can say about it is it isn't fucking Detroit. Damn, I am glad I'm out of that graveyard.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 8:04:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Read in blue.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 8:15:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Read in blue.

That's exactly what I'm laughing about.  A Meth or Crack addict just wants money.  And if his choice is a 20 year old or an 80 year old, he's going for the old man.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top