Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2007 4:34:27 PM EDT
It was bad enough this year that I was raked over the coals both for federal and state taxes.  Granted, the state taxes weren't as bad as the federal ones, but I still owed an extra $200.  Well I get this notice in the mail saying that I didn't pay my additional state taxes, and they added on a fine and interest on top of that.  

I have the fucking cleared check proving that I paid.  So I called and said "You all made a mistake, I paid my taxes on time, I have the check to prove it"  They said "No you didn't we show nothing of you paying the additional."  I said "I have the cleared check with the treasurer's stamp, it was deducted from my checking account"  The woman then said "Well you will have to appeal it"  I said "ok how quick can I get everything cleared up"  She said "months'.  I then asked if I was going to be charged interest during this time she said "of course"  I then brought up that I as involved in trying to buy a house and was wondering if it affected my credit rating she said "I don't know, probably"  

Fuckers!!!
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 4:39:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Yea, I had a similar situation.  The fed's still owe me money over a year later. (and one of their collection minions who skimmed auto-deducted payments and called the partial fed refund "sufficient".)  Joy.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 4:39:51 PM EDT
[#2]
And the kicker: Guaranteed if the roles were reversed and the state found they owed you money, it would take them months to pay you back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top