Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2007 8:44:41 PM EDT
Is it? I am going to bed and after scanning todays news, I pondered the question?

Is evil on the rise?

or are there just more people of which some are more evil than others???
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 8:46:09 PM EDT
[#1]
No Im getting ready to go to bed actally
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 8:47:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Anywhere near spalding or lindsey?
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 8:48:26 PM EDT
[#3]
No, news corporations are just trying to profit more off of the bad news.

Plus, with the advent (and continuing rise) of computer technology and the rising population, we hear more about incidents.

Just a numbers game. The amount of evil has not changed since we appeared on this planet.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 8:48:59 PM EDT
[#4]
No more or less than it always has been or always will be.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 8:50:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Plus, with the advent (and continuing rise) of computer technology and the rising population, we hear more about incidents.

Just a numbers game. The amount of evil has not changed since we appeared on this planet.

your probably right.

Saw a deal on history channel about gangsters the other night.

holy schnikes!! they were using BAR's !

Now thats evil !
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 8:52:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anywhere near spalding or lindsey?

as in Spalding or Lindsey NE?

Nah I bounce around Omaha/Lincoln area

you anywhere close to Quincy or Monmouth ?
have a fair amount of family in those two towns
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 8:53:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

your probably right.

Saw a deal on history channel about gangsters the other night.

holy schnikes!! they were using BAR's !

Now thats evil !

I can't imagine how other human beings could use (and still do) such extreme measures of tortures centuries ago.

Reading through history makes me puke from the amount of despicable things that happened.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 8:54:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes evil is on the rise. criminal gov is larger than ever and continues to grow, it will get worse until it falls of it's own weight.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 8:55:47 PM EDT
[#9]
A Chinese friend once told me this little proverbesque thought:

The amount of pain in the universe is constant.  It just shifts from one person to the next.  So if you are having a great day, someone is having a shitty day.

Link Posted: 6/18/2007 8:59:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I was watching a show on the Travel Channel last night.  It was about 2 men who decided to live with a tribe of indiginous(sp) people in W. Papao.  They were taken back when they learned of all of the killings, and revenge killings that go on.  They couldn't believe that in a culture that struggles to eat everyday, that they would kill eachother on a whim.  Most of the time over nothing.  

So I do believe that man will never change.  The only thing that will change are the tools in which we inflict harm to others.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 9:00:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
No more or less than it always has been or always will be.

+1 Remember bad people like pediophiles and such have always been around. But 50 yrs. ago people did'nt talk about such things EVER. And some of the more gruesome crimes would have never been reported in the news media.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 9:02:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Is evil on the rise?

Yes.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 9:09:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is evil on the rise?

Yes.

No.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 9:11:16 PM EDT
[#14]
nope, same old shits still going around and round, we're just made more aware of it nowdays.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 9:25:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
nope, same old shits still going around and round, we're just made more aware of it nowdays.

Yep, fox news alert, headline news, bad bad bad, need more laws, right.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 9:29:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
A Chinese friend once told me this little proverbesque thought:

The amount of pain in the universe is constant.  It just shifts from one person to the next.  So if you are having a great day, someone is having a shitty day.

The Tao is in constant flux.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 9:32:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top