Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2007 6:18:59 PM EDT
I just ran CCleaner on my computer and it removed abunch of .log files.

Is that some kind of key logger?
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 6:20:23 PM EDT
[#1]
They are log files.

Like captains log.

Many programs make log files.  They contain information that the program spits out while it is running to aid in debugging.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 6:24:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
They are log files.

Like captains log.

Many programs make log files.  They contain information that the program spits out while it is running to aid in debugging.

So nothing to worry about then?
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 6:26:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They are log files.

Like captains log.

Most likely not.  But others may chime in and tell me I am wrong.  It has been known to happen from time to time.

But I am a software tester. I use log files all the time to debug stuff.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 7:49:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
They are log files.

Like captains log.

Most likely not.  But others may chime in and tell me I am wrong.  It has been known to happen from time to time.

But I am a software tester. I use log files all the time to debug stuff.

+1.  .log files normally provide information on what/how an application is running.  Nothing to worry about and they can be removed.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 7:51:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys.

Link Posted: 6/18/2007 8:01:38 PM EDT
[#6]
"Captain's .log, stardate 69. krpind's been surfing for midget pr0n again. It's especially disturbing he favors the ones with flat heads, mumbling "Let me put a coaster on that, baby." to himself."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top