Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2007 1:57:22 PM EDT
I suppose it was less painfull than a hammer to the head, but I guess he could have also opted for an OD of some sort.

I'm sure they blame the gun and not him.............

Police: Central Florida man, 70, made tape before nursing home shootings

By Rene Stutzman
Orlando Sentinel Staff Writer
Posted June 18 2007, 4:50 PM EDT

ALTAMONTE SPRINGS -- A 70-year-old man upset that his children wanted to move his wife to an out-of-state nursing home shot and killed her, one of their daughters and himself in at the Altamonte Springs nursing facility where he wanted her to stay, police reported today.

William Wallace 70, had gone to Merrill Gardens at Lake Orienta Sunday, expecting to visit his wife, Barbara, 78, as he often did, said Altamonte Springs police Officer Kristin Kelting.

However, one of his daughters, Sandra Leone, 55, had taken her mother to Brooksville to visit another family member, Kelting said.

William Wallace waited for them to return, made a tape recording, saying he intended to kill Leone, his wife and himself, and when they did return, did exactly what he said on the tape, Kelting said.

The shooting took place mid-afternoon Sunday in Barbara Wallace's room at the nursing home, Kelting said. The couple lived separately because Barbara Wallace suffered from Alzheimer's Disease.

Leone lived in Myrtle Beach, S.C.

She was one of five brothers and sisters, Kelting said.

The family was divided over where their mother should live, Kelting said. Some of the children wanted her moved to a Tennessee nursing home, while others and William Wallace wanted her to stay in Altamonte Springs.

Kelting said William Wallace often visited his wife at Merrill Gardens and had apparently arrived with the handgun he used in the slayings.

Link Posted: 6/18/2007 2:01:20 PM EDT
[#1]
They'll stay in Fl now.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 2:02:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a good post written up but it's a sad event and I don't want to make fun of it.

-JTP
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 2:05:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 2:10:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Nobody near by had a CCW permit?

Bet the old guy walks (or wheelchairs) from justice.

Since they probably provide mental health care there thats a no go for florida CCWers
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 2:20:32 PM EDT
[#5]
To bad the dude fliped out, and shot his family.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 2:21:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
To bad the dude fliped out, and shot his family.

No kidding
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 2:24:30 PM EDT
[#7]

I don't think he is going anywhere.

ALTAMONTE SPRINGS -- A 70-year-old man upset that his children wanted to move his wife to an out-of-state nursing home shot and killed her, one of their daughters and himself in at the Altamonte Springs nursing facility where he wanted her to stay, police reported today.

Link Posted: 6/18/2007 4:46:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Reminds me of this double suicide I was on where they shot themselves (via a 3-2-1 countdown) because the husband had 'terminal cancer' and she didn't want to live without him.

Listen to this......during the autopsy the Medical Examiner finds ABSOLUTELY NO TRACE OF CANCER!.....Whoops, chalk that one up to "always get a second opinion"

Link Posted: 6/18/2007 5:04:00 PM EDT
[#9]
At least he didn't consume them with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 5:08:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Ban nursing homes!  It's for the senior citizens!
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 5:10:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
At least he didn't consume them with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.

Haha, Braveheart was what I had in mind too.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 5:11:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Reminds me of this double suicide I was on where they shot themselves (via a 3-2-1 countdown) because the husband had 'terminal cancer' and she didn't want to live without him.

Listen to this......during the autopsy the Medical Examiner finds ABSOLUTELY NO TRACE OF CANCER!.....Whoops, chalk that one up to "always get a second opinion"

I worked with an old guy years ago that killed himself cause the Dr. said he had cancer BEFOR they got the biopsy back and come to find out he didn't have cancer!! Sad very sad.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 5:22:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Hes dead .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top