Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2007 1:02:04 PM EDT
I've been looking at getting a new cell phone and I'm seriously considering the BlackBerry 8703e.  I've never actually had a phone that I had to pay for before so this will be a big step up for me.  Normally I just get whatever Nokia comes free with service and roll with it for a few years untill I change plans.  Recently though I've though about getting something a little nicer.  Whats drawing me to the BlackBerry 8703e is that it encorperates several pieces of electronics that I want into one unit.  I've been wanting a GPS unit,PDA and MP3 player and I believe it has all three features.  The ability to access my email would be handy since thats my primary form of comunicaion for work.  Does anyone have one of these?  What do you think of it?  Do the features work as well as you expected them too?  

Like to the phone I'm looking at: blackberry

Here are the other phones that are availible from Alltell.  I use Alltell because I live in podunk GA and its the only thing that gtets good service in this area.  Everything else cuts in and out constantly.
other phones availible from alltell
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 1:08:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Careful Crack Berry's are addicting..
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 1:11:47 PM EDT
[#2]
yep

company supplied and paid for

It is addictive

I have had a BB for 2 yrs now

I even surf arfcom with mine
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 1:21:26 PM EDT
[#3]
addictive how?
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 1:23:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
addictive how?

the ability to be in constant "communication"

I have cellphone, email, text, interwebs walking around with me all the time
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 1:34:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a BB 7130e on Verizon and love it.  I don't use it to type a lot of emails so the smaller keyboard isn't a big issue.  If I were buying new now, since the larger, "fullsize" keyboard model is available, I'd go with that.   Its the most productive business tool i have, esp when traveling.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 7:17:55 PM EDT
[#6]
do you have the GPS built in?  How well does it work?
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 7:08:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
do you have the GPS built in?  How well does it work?

No, it doesn't have built in GPS.  When I bought mine that was only on the nextel units.  I don't think Verizon carries the models with GPS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top