Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2007 7:22:16 AM EDT
So .. I had a job interview this Sat. ..  I get there 2 hours early.. my email said 11am.. his said 1 pm ..  
No big deal.. Ill go park some where and kill some time surfing the net on the ole PDA.....

do that for a while and when its almost time i come across this sign..

I stared at it for a minute wondering if it was real ..

I mean ,, i know they stand on the corners... and outside of some bizness.,,.  but to have an offical city provided place for them.. wow ..

came back after my interview and took the sec pic.. they were all gone..  

just the fact that it was an offical city site made me go WTF.. for a while,.

edit title to confrim to the spelling Nazis

i must now write 50 times.,

saterday =/= Saturday

gonna get me a day worker to do it for me
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 7:27:09 AM EDT
[#1]
you know, if you aided and abetted a felony, you'd go to jail

but government people, they can do it with your tax money.

sad
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 8:32:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I know exactly where that sign is, sadly.

ETA: Technically, I don't think that the government is aiding and abetting a felony by doing this.  The responsiblity falls on the employer to make sure that their workers are legal and there could be legal workers that congregate at places like this for jobs.  Therefore, the govenrment would argue that they are providing these facilities for the legal workers and it is out of their control if some employers use it for illegal purposes.  This may not be the case, but I would be suprised if they were actually committing a felony.  I AM NOT SAYING THAT I AGREE WITH THIS, I JUST THINK THAT THERE MAY NOT BE ANYTHING ILLEGAL ABOUT PROVIDING THE LOCATION.  

I think it would be akin to the city having a park where illegal drugs are sold.  There are legal people that can use the park and the fact that some people are using the park for illegal activities does not make the government a part of the illegal activity or give rise to the legal standard necessary for aiding and abetting.

Link Posted: 6/18/2007 8:35:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Saturday....... Some one got me with the grammar Nazi thing so I must do it in return

Link Posted: 6/18/2007 8:41:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

ETA: Technically, I don't think that the government is aiding and abetting a felony by doing this.  The responsiblity falls on the employer to make sure that their workers are legal and there could be legal workers that congregate at places like this for jobs.  Therefore, the govenrment would argue that they are providing these facilities for the legal workers and it is out of their control if some employers use it for illegal purposes.  This may not be the case, but I would be suprised if they were actually committing a felony.  I AM NOT SAYING THAT I AGREE WITH THIS, I JUST THINK THAT THERE MAY NOT BE ANYTHING ILLEGAL ABOUT PROVIDING THE LOCATION.  

I think it would be akin to the city having a park where illegal drugs are sold.  There are legal people that can use the park and the fact that some people are using the park for illegal activities does not make the government a part of the illegal activity or give rise to the legal standard necessary for aiding and abetting.

puhleeeze
how many bars you know get shut down because drugs are sold inside (not by the owners, but someone), or houses confiscated, etc

they (the .gov) has choosen which laws it chooses to enforce.

Link Posted: 6/18/2007 8:49:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Saturday....... Some one got me with the grammar Nazi thing so I must do it in return

i184.photobucket.com/albums/x251/rbarickm/spelling.jpg

BYTE ME!

< i know.,,.  i just had to back >  

WE NEED TO OUTSOURCE THE  grammer Nazi job to a day worker..  

Link Posted: 6/18/2007 8:54:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

puhleeeze
how many bars you know get shut down because drugs are sold inside (not by the owners, but someone), or houses confiscated, etc

they (the .gov) has choosen which laws it chooses to enforce.

houses and bizness bring in rev and taxes.. they can and will take that  ..

when the drugies shot up at the park its not like they are gonna confiscate thier own park.. or give them selves a ticket/fines.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top