Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2007 2:34:46 AM EDT

"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an out right ban,
picking up every one of them... "Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in,
"I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren't here."
--U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), CBS-TV's "60 Minutes," 2/5/95
I wonder if Ms. Feinstein would give up her guns (see below).

"We must get rid of all the guns."
--Sarah Brady, speaking on behalf of Handgun Control Inc
Phil Donahue Show, September 1994
--- with Sheriff Jay Printz & others

"When we got organized as a country and we wrote a fairly radical Constitution with a radical Bill of Rights, giving a radical amount of individual freedom to Americans ...... And so a lot of people say there's too much personal freedom. When personal freedom's being abused, you have to move to limit it. That's what we did in the announcement I made last weekend on the public housing projects, about how we're going to have weapon sweeps and more things like that to try to make people safer in their communities."
-- U.S. President Bill Clinton, on MTV 3-22-94
In this comment, in addition to declaring the Constitution a "radical document," Bill Clinton is totally ignoring the Fourth Amendment.

"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans."
-- William Jefferson Clinton, USA Today, March 11, 1993.
Excuse me? Just who's rights did Mr. Clinton swear to uphold when he took office?
Perhaps it's only the elite Americans, like himself, that he thinks have rights.

"Waiting periods are only a step. Registration is only a step."
-- Janet Reno

"I'm convinced that we have to have federal legislation to build on. Our ultimate goal -- total control of handguns in the United States -- is going to take time. My estimate is from seven to ten years. The problem is to slow down the increasing number of handguns sold in this country. The second problem is to get them all registered. And the final problem is to make the possession of all handguns and all handgun ammunition -- except for the military, policemen, licensed security guards, licensed sporting clubs, and licensed gun collectors -- totally illegal."
--- Nelson T. `Pete' Shields, Chairman, HCI
"A Reporter At Large: Handguns",
_The New Yorker_, July 26, 1976, 57-58
Notice all the new licensing requirements Mr. Shields plans on creating. Creating yet more government bureaucracy.

"Banning guns is an idea whose time has come."
--U.S. Sen. Joseph Biden Associated Press 11/18/93
Obviously Mr. Biden hasn't read the Constitution lately.

"Banning guns addresses a fundamental right of all Americans to feel safe."
--U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein Associated Press 11/18/93
Compare Ms. Feinstein's comments to this one:
"Those who would sacrifice essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin

"Until we can ban all of them we might as well ban none."
--U.S. Sen. Howard Metzenbaum Senate Hearings 1993

"No, we are not looking at how to control criminals, we are talking about banning the AK47
and semi-automatic guns!"
-- Senator Metzenbaum (D-OH), during the Constitution Subcommittee of 2/10/89
Now we see the mentality of the prohibitionists. They don't want to control criminals, they'd rather pass laws that don't work just to show their constituents that they're doing something (even if it is useless and stupid).

"We're here to tell the NRA their nightmare is true!." "We're going to hammer guns on the
anvil of relentless legislative strategy! We're going to beat guns into submission!"
--U.S. Rep. Charles Schumer NBC Nightly News 11/30/93
I think someone needs to remind Mr. Schumer that a gun is an inanimate object and as such cannot be beaten "into submission". This makes me wonder about Mr. Schumer's ability to recognize that a gun is a tool, like a hammer or saw, and is neither evil or good. It is only what a human being does with it that is evil or good.

"With a 10,000% tax we could tax them out of existence."
--U.S. Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan Washington Post 11/4/93
Someone call Senator Moynihan and remind him that excessive taxes are what sparked both the Boston Tea Party and the American Revolution!

"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an out right ban,
picking up every one of them... "Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in,
"I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren't here."
--U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), CBS-TV's "60 Minutes," 2/5/95
I wonder if Ms. Feinstein would give up her guns (see below).

"The American people must be willing to give up a degree of personal privacy in exchange for safety and security."
-- Louis Freeh Director of the FBI, 1993
Thank you Mr. Freeh, but I'd rather have my privacy than have your goons recording every item I purchase or counting every round I fire.

"The strongest gun legislation...I will enforce diligently and exhaustively."
--Louis Freeh FBI Director, U.S. Senate Confirmation Hearings, 1993.

"Gun registration is not enough."
--U.S.Attorney General, Janet Reno on "Good morning America," 12/10/93

"Mr. Speaker, I still believe that the best way to control handguns is to ban them outright."
-- Rep. Cardiss Collins (D-IL)
Yep, that's it. If you can't figure out what to do, either make it illegal or throw money at it in special programs or by funding a committee to "study" it.

"Our goal is to not allow anybody to buy a handgun. In the meantime, we think there ought to
be strict licensing and regulation. Ultimately, that may mean it would require court approval to
buy a handgun."
-- Michael K. Beard, President of the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence

And you think our courts are clogged now!

"Ban the damn things (guns). Ban them all. You want protection? Get a dog."
-- Molly Ivins, columnist, 7/19/94
Maybe Ms. Ivins should consult with Ms. Feinstein about getting a concealed carry permit. Oh! That's right, Ms. Ivins isn't one of the protected elite like Ms. Feinstein.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

U.S. Senator Diane Feinstein (D-CA) on terrorism and self-defense:
The following comments were made by U.S. Senator Diane Feinstein (D-CA) during U.S. Senate hearings on terrorism held in Washington, D.C. on April 27, 1995:

"Because less than twenty years ago I was the target of a terrorist group. It was the New World Liberation Front. They blew up power stations and put a bomb at my home when my husband was dying of cancer. And the bomb didn't detonate. ... I was very lucky. But, I thought of what might have happened. Later the same group shot out all the windows of my home."

"And, I know the sense of helplessness that people feel. I know the urge to arm yourself because that's what I did. I was trained in firearms. I'd walk to the hospital when my husband was sick. I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out, I was going to take them with me."

Please note that in almost all California cities it is nearly impossible for a citizen to obtain a permit to carry a concealed weapon. In fact, the City of Los Angeles did not issue a single permit for over six years with the exception of issuing one to a new police chief who was not yet certified in California. In San Francisco only those who are have influence with the police department are issued permits. In the city of San Jose (in Silicon Valley) the previous police chief refused to issue any permits at all, no matter how endangered a citizen was.
Source: CSPAN Coverage 04/27/95.

And some of these people are sworn in to uphold the constitution...
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 3:23:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks.
Got to get us riled up every now and again.
They won't back off.Neither can we.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 3:30:31 AM EDT
[#2]
A short list of my responses:

"F*&% You!"
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 5:13:25 AM EDT
[#3]
And of course everyone of these traitors is afforded well armed protection at tax payers expense...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top