Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2001 8:26:57 AM EDT
It's unlike the Gulf War. Felt like I was watching a regular program. There is was a play by play. Hell I was beginning to think Saddam's intel dept. was our media. There was not a paronoia, and uneasiness here at home with the Gulf War. The attacks on WTC just made it seem real and got me really wigged out. I am not a big fan of the SHTF scenario, but I have had "things" prepared since 9/11. I even started carrying in my car(thank goodness I can do that here in TX) I never seen the need before. A week ago the Naval Air Reserve called me to confirm all my contact info. That kinda made it hit home. Family and friends call me to see if I have been called. It just feels different. This is the second war that I have lived thru, first being the Gulf war, and this one feels different.

Anyone else feel this way?
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 8:33:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 9:11:44 AM EDT
[#2]
lordtrader,

As a mid 30's guy this is my second war as well but I grew up in a family where my grandfathers fought in WWII and uncles that fought in Korea and Viet Nam.  

This war is much more like WWI and WWII where we need to bring the war to those that want to kill us or they will bring the war to us.  They have demonstrated their willingness to bring it to us, now it is our turn to show them that they have made a grave mistake!

As for being prepared, I have likewise prepared myself for many years and I have all the weapons, ammo, and skill that I need.  I likewise have been carying a handgun with me everywhere I go and if things get any worse I will have an AR-15 in the trunk of the car as well.

For those that are confused about what the SECOND AMENDMENT means....  THIS IS IT!

[size=4][red][b]Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. [/b][/red][/size=4]

Am I a Militia type?  If driving around with a weapon capable of protecting myself, my family, and my fellow Americans makes me a Militia type, then I guess I am!  

And oh yea, Pennsylvania also beleaves in the right of citizens to keep and bear arms and we PA Boys can shoot!
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 11:50:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey did you get a job yet??
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 1:39:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Nope. Matter of fact just got done taking a nap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top